Anyone else really dislike the Minelabs fruity tones?

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much prefer the minelab tones over garrett atp or max. My ears have thanked me.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I thought the idea was to find stuff, not have the thing play you a tune. People's ability to hear are not created equal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the idea was to find stuff, not have the thing play you a tune. People's ability to hear are not created equal.

On the 800 you can assign your tones.

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Nox, but I do not love the tones. They aren't very confident scream at you like my F75 is. This is wishful thinking but, is it possible to have an update with something like a 2F tone that squawks at you like a mad bird when you have a good target. I guess the tones on the Nox are way to soft/slow and feel lazy in comparison to my other machines. and miss alot. I only have about 50hrs on it.

Dont take this the wrong way. I do love my Nox

You could always adjust the tones to your liking on the Advanced Settings. To me the Equinox tones are fine since I got used to the sounds one of the Original Teknetics detector made (go used to it pretty fast). But the tones and chatter I have a hard time getting used to are the ones made by the Makro Kruzer.

Just listen to the tones from coins on surface (just about 3 minutes into the video):

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
on my 800 I thought the problem was the wireless headphones. I purchased a set of used telex 510 headphones that produced nice sharp higher tones. But eventually got tired of the wires to the wm08 wireless clipped to my shirt to emulate wireless headphones and started using the minelab wireless earphones. 5 tones helped overcome the deeper tone problem but I am thinking I need to be in 50 tones for my cw relic hunting. I will be experimenting with that as the cool fall weather has returned to the south. The only thing about early fall in the south is the frigging yellow jackets are protecting their ground nest like, ?? well like yellow jackets. You only have to be stung by multiple yellow jackets several times to be very, very alert to that danger. if I see two or more yellow jackets I high tail it out of that area ASAP.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the tones of the Equinox as it reminds me of my Sovereign and Excals which I no longer have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread