Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Best PinPointer ?? Which one to buy?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1818 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    I really like my Garrett pin pointer been using the Garrett right from the first day they came out ...And never had any problem with them..
    HEY!! You look awful familiar!

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2366 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have three I like...Deteknix X-Pointer, Makro and a Carrot. I've had very good luck and performance from all of them. The X-Pointer is the best bargain...if money's a factor.
    Hawks88 and Toecutter like this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    287 times
    X-pointer is cheapest and best i have ever used.

It's a PI pointer...doesnt false like my old Garretts.

Matt.
    Ogre1190, Hawks88 and Toecutter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus. Past-Equinox, CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    306 times
    Profind 35. Discriminates. Ive had a bunch and i would exclude the fpulse if your using the nox or ctx. Makes them go nuts because it is a PI. Profind 35 and Garrett are great to use with the Nox.
    jdiggs_treasure and Hawks88 like this.
    iffy signals - youtube

us
    Jan 2013
    northern california
    Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF round&elliptical/Mi6/ Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils Killer b wasp headphones Whites prostars garrett carrot Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger Lesche t handle/ hand digger
    291 times
    I used the black Garrett for about 2 years before it started to false pretty bad.. now I'm using the Garrett Carrot with the equinox and my mi6 with my deus..

Had my Garrett Carrot for 2 years now and it's still going strong..
    vferrari and Hawks88 like this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    288 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    I've owned the carrot and love it. I have another I don't even remember the name of that I just don't bother with, but keep it just in case this one ever fails. There have also been discussions on protecting the tip and you can look around for those discussions no matter what pin pointer you decide on. Look it up, read up on it, and check out you tube videos on it and others before you decide. BTW, it's just my opinion, but discrimination on a pin pointer isn't needed as your main detector will do that, but once in a hole go for all that ring up in it.

Where's my manners? WELCOME TO TNET.
    Last edited by Swaveab; Nov 06, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3542 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was also wondering about taping the first inch of the pro pointer AT then scuffing up and spraying it with some rattle can bed liner.
    holepuncher, Hawks88 and Davers like this.

us
    Oct 2018
    Michigan
    Tesoro Tejon and Mojave
    149 times
    Metal Detecting
    Buy a tek point.
    Hawks88 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5637 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Profind 35. Discriminates. Ive had a bunch and i would exclude the fpulse if your using the nox or ctx. Makes them go nuts because it is a PI. Profind 35 and Garrett are great to use with the Nox.
    You can cancel out the noise from the Fpulse on the Nox by doing a noise cancel with the fpulse turned on. That being said, I've tried the f pulse and a couple other standalone PPs and always go back to the carrot. PP discrimination is a gimmick where I find myself digging out the nail anyway if I am in the hole, just to be sure. Lol.
    Last edited by vferrari; Nov 07, 2018 at 05:23 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    288 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    I was also wondering about taping the first inch of the pro pointer AT then scuffing up and spraying it with some rattle can bed liner.
    I just wrap medical tape around the tip and it works fine for me. When the tape wears down, just take off the rest of it and re-wrap it with more tape. Medical tape is a cloth-like tape and I guess one could use a non-metallic duct tape too. Why risk permanent encasement on it when that could wear out and can be far more expensive than tape? BTW, would the spray react badly with the carrot's plastic? Why risk it?
    Last edited by Swaveab; Nov 08, 2018 at 03:59 AM.
    holepuncher and Maximilian like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3542 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    I just wrap medical tape around the tip and it works fine for me. When the tape wears down, just take off the rest of it and re-wrap it with more tape. Medical tape is a cloth-like tape and I guess one could use a non-metallic duct tape too. Why risk permanent encasement on it when that could wear out and can be far more expensive than tape? BTW, would the spray react badly with the carrot's plastic? Why risk it?
    Honestly, I have no idea. I know they have paint made specifically for plastic but who knows what is out there. The tape idea sounds good too. Cheap for sure.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    680 times
    Metal Detecting
    If you have a Minelab Equinox I would suggest a Minelab Pro Find 35 pin pointer since it will interfere with it less. It and the Garrett AT Pro Pointer are by far the top 2.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    charlie

Aug 2012
    winfield,ks.
    Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
    131 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I love the TRX. I have owed two Garrett's they won't hold a candle next to the TRX. I recently had my TRX quit working I got it when they first came out so it was out of warranty. I called White's the mail me out a brand new TRX. All I had to do was send in my old one they shipped out a new TRX free of charge.
    holepuncher, Hawks88 and Davers like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    3542 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was sorting through some Mding equipment last night and gathered my pinpointers all up. Honestly, the TRX feels like a toy after holding the Garrett carrot and f-pulse.
    Hawks88 likes this.

us
    Apr 2017
    iowa
    Golden micromax, compadre, EQ 800
    295 times
    Minelab 35 controls are perfect for me, with the carrot i waste a lot of time on the settings. But they both work fine. 35 is big and the discrimination is not reason enough alone to buy it and the garrett seems tougher due to the one piece body but it came down to ease of use for me.
    Hawks88, sprailroad and RustyGold like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links