Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a New Orleans park tonight pushing through rain and snagged this 1914 D Buffalo Nickel with the Equinox 800. It took about an hour to get used to the scratchy and crappy signals in the New Orleans dirt but then started pulling in some keepers. This was the best of it. It was a short hunt since it was raining and dark early. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541641955.847580.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541642005.330850.jpg

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buff!!! Congrats

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice coin great date too

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m from New Orleans and for some unknown reason we have, so I find, tons of buff’s, V’s and war nickels and I commend you for detecting tonight in this weather. You are a true detectorist. Lots of V nickels in City Park, but they just changed the detecting rules, but not to sure how much it’s being enforced. Audubon Park is still open for detecting. Hope you’re enjoying New Orleans and being shown true Southern Hospitality.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m from New Orleans and for some unknown reason we have, so I find, tons of buff’s, V’s and war nickels and I commend you for detecting tonight in this weather. You are a true detectorist. Lots of V nickels in City Park, but they just changed the detecting rules, but not to sure how much it’s being enforced. Audubon Park is still open for detecting. Hope you’re enjoying New Orleans and being shown true Southern Hospitality.

Yes, the weather was tough tonight. Decided to stop when lightning was streaking overhead in the darkness. I believe the low tone nickels are the majority of what is left from years of detecting the parks. I see the same thing in other older parks. I actually dug another 1920 S Buffalo Nickel as well and a few wheat penny’s. No silver. I’m from Savannah, so I do enjoy the Southern Hospitality. But next time I’m in New Orleans on business lets get together. I like the Mandeville area as well, but the weather was supposed to be worse there tonight.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, the weather was tough tonight. Decided to stop when lightning was streaking overhead in the darkness. I believe the low tone nickels are the majority of what is left from years of detecting the parks. I see the same thing in other older parks. I actually dug another 1920 S Buffalo Nickel as well and a few wheat penny’s. No silver. I’m from Savannah, so I do enjoy the Southern Hospitality. But next time I’m in New Orleans on business lets get together. I like the Mandeville area as well, but the weather was supposed to be worse there tonight.

It was said to say. Next time you’re in town definitely let me know in advance and I’ll take you to some spots that may also produce some round ball, 3 ringers and possibly silver but those urban city parks have pretty much been pillared for the silver low hanging fruit. Keep in touch

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE!

Kace

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One thing that was really strange was I had my Equinox set on Park 2 and Recovery Speed 5 and was getting no targets. I mean none! Recovery speed of 5 is my sweet spot in the parks for depth and separation. I increased the Recovery speed to 7 and started getting some scratchy iffy hits. That’s when the wheats and buffs started showing up.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice buffalo find. Too bad those Buffalos come out of the grounded toasted...the 1914-D is a very high priced date.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing that was really strange was I had my Equinox set on Park 2 and Recovery Speed 5 and was getting no targets. I mean none! Recovery speed of 5 is my sweet spot in the parks for depth and separation. I increased the Recovery speed to 7 and started getting some scratchy iffy hits. That’s when the wheats and buffs started showing up.

That is strange because I have mine on 5 90% of the time. One thing I can say is our mineralization is all over the place out here. Not sure if that had anything I do with it. Do you leave yours on GB tracking?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can tell you one thing I will start checking out 6 and 7 more often now. I don’t think I ever even used 7. What park where you at?

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is strange because I have mine on 5 90% of the time. One thing I can say is our mineralization is all over the place out here. Not sure if that had anything I do with it. Do you leave yours on GB tracking?

I manually GB on every site. There is lots of EMI to contend with in different areas too.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All my Buffalo nickels - can't hardly see the dates, let alone the mint marks...!
You have a VERY sweet Find there, buddy! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you don’t also use tracking after manually GB?

No tracking. I have tried it and get less good signals in general. Especially on the beach. But just stick with manual GB.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can tell you one thing I will start checking out 6 and 7 more often now. I don’t think I ever even used 7. What park where you at?

That's cheating T.:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread