Equinox 800 questions

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I plan on getting back into metal detecting again and after reading reviews and research I’ve decided to order the Nox 800 tomorrow from BBH.
The first question is, should I do the update or not.
I’ll be hunting around old home sites and fields.
Is there information out there on how to learn this machine or some good YouTube Nox users to watch.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you and I can’t wait to start digging again.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always go back to the initial program if you don't like the upgrade, so, give them both a try. Nothing like time in the field to get used to a machine. I'd start at a target rich site with easy recoveries, such as a swimming beach or tot lots, to get up to speed faster. It's a great machine! You'll love it once you get 100 hours under your belt.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with cudamark. I’m using the update and I have no problems and if I ever do I can always go back to the original factory settings.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also with them. Try something easy first like said beach or tot lot. An iron infested site as a first site will just give you grey hair.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great advice and the update isn't permanent plus easy to go back and forth for you to decide for yourself what works best with your machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread