Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Calbash....you are usually the go to man....give us more in-depth test.

Pretty please?

Get the big coil in your test garden.

Put it vs the 11inch coil.

I'd much rather your truth videos than that bull******* Gary Drayton...lol.

Matt.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a video of the 15 inch coil in my garden.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is what it is. it is nice to be able to go try something out to see how it does. it would have been cool if you could have found a relic but it had to be there first. makes me feel a lot better about getting rid of the AT if I ever make it to a beach. actually I felt a lot better a long time ago.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter you know I try to be a straight shooter. Im gonna say this with 100% confidence. This machine has obsoleted the AT series for beach hunting...its that good on the beach.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter you know I try to be a straight shooter. Im gonna say this with 100% confidence. This machine has obsoleted the AT series for beach hunting...its that good on the beach.

Sorry to say, it wasn't that high of a bar, though. What I mean is you are really understating how good Equinox really is at wet salt beach huntung by comparing it to the AT Pro.

You hit the Equinox high points in your video.

No other non-multi, submersible VLF I have owned (AT Pro, MX Sport, Deus) that purports to be able to hunt wet salt sand has been stable without turning down the gain/sensitivity.

So a year ago, that left folks with submersible PI machines or the existing submersible multifrequency machines, Excal II (relatively slow, only really suitable for salt water/beach or freshwater work in non-mineralized conditions, primarily designed to excel as a dive machine) and the CTX (again relatively slow, heavy, and expensive, though it could be used anywhere the VLFs I mentioned previously could be used and is probably the deepest silver machine out there under tge right curcumstances) for salt beach/surf work.

Along came the specs for Equinox - it had multi so I knew I could run it stable at the Beach, it was light, submersible, fast recovery, multipurpose (I could hunt with it in mineralized soil and/or iron infested sites as an alternative to Deus), and most importantly it was priced right. So I knew I found my ideal wet salt beach/surf machine. It proved itself in real world salt beach conditions where I found I could actually turn the gain/sensitivity ABOVE the default.

Even though you can hunt and find stuff in wet salt sand with the AT Pro/Max, MX Sport and Deus, and tgey are great detectors in dry sand or off the beach, they are not really in the same league as any of the submersible multifrequency machines and will tend to frustrate more than the reward in wet salt sand.

And now that ML has introduced an affordable multifrequency, there is no reason to compromise performance in wet salt sand by going with single freq tech.

But if you're reading this, I am probably just preaching the choir.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread