The Minelab Equinox: “An Advanced Guide”

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's refused to send out copies for review. The book came out BEFORE the Equinox was widely available, and seems to be just a rehash of his other "books." Some people say it helped them. Bottom line? There is NO substitute for simply putting the hours in on your machine. Books on metal detecting a a complete waste of your time compared to simply turning on the machine and using it. :occasion14:

lutz

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully he had someone proof read it so its not filled with tons of errors like the beginner to advanced booklet

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where they selling it? I didn’t read the manual, but a advanced guide peaks my interest.

The factory manual is one of the best Minelab has produced. I highly recommend downloading, printing, and reading it. Like Terry says Clive's book was written before there were many Equinox in the field and maybe the 800 was not yet available. I got my 800 used and the previous owner had printed the manual and put it in a loose leaf binder. If you go to the Minelab manual site choose the Nox manual with the EN (for English) suffix. It is free and easy and well worth reading.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just have to wonder how much more info could be in the "An Advanced Guide" over the "From Beginner to Advanced" book that by now one has not learned by actually using the Equinox. I have to say the if there is just one setting, information that would knock one item off my Bucket List, the book would be worth it. I have yet to find or read that book. But, with no reviews on the web site yet, I'll be waiting until I see reviews posted.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if you are talking about The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced" then yes it is a good book. especially for someone not owing a previous minelab detector.

I read it twice. Once before I took my 800 to the field and 3 months later. Book helped me learn a lot about my Equinox 800 and metal detecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's refused to send out copies for review. The book came out BEFORE the Equinox was widely available, and seems to be just a rehash of his other "books." Some people say it helped them. Bottom line? There is NO substitute for simply putting the hours in on your machine. Books on metal detecting a a complete waste of your time compared to simply turning on the machine and using it. :occasion14:

thats the other book " The Minelab Equinox beginner to advanced"

this is a new one The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are talking about The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced" then yes it is a good book. especially for someone not owing a previous minelab detector.

I read it twice. Once before I took my 800 to the field and 3 months later. Book helped me learn a lot about my Equinox 800 and metal detecting.

this is a new one The Minelab Equinox: An Advanced Guide

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered his first book made a copy and gave the original copy away to someone on the forum.. I did order his new book and will do the same make a copy and give the original away if anyone is interested.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very true statement.:icon_thumleft: I viewed the book as suggestions on setting up the Equinox, but as stated above, reading is not a substitute for hands-on practice.

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The factory manual is one of the best Minelab has produced. I highly recommend downloading, printing, and reading it. Like Terry says Clive's book was written before there were many Equinox in the field and maybe the 800 was not yet available. I got my 800 used and the previous owner had printed the manual and put it in a loose leaf binder. If you go to the Minelab manual site choose the Nox manual with the EN (for English) suffix. It is free and easy and well worth reading.

it is a new book
The Minelab Equinox: ?An Advanced Guide? | Clive's Gold Page

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...

Terry I don't respond to demands. Also, most of what I know about finding gold and silver--I learnt from others.
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
WW there's a ton of good information in the new one. The general theme is advanced skill building--skills and methods that can be applied across situations.
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
Lutz you must have gotten one of the first copies--there were some typos in that run. Yes, the new one has been professionally proofed. Shame that's what you choose to focus on--overall the fist EQ book has been very well received and reviewed. For example:

“The Minelab Equinox: From Beginner to Advanced” (Readers Write…)

Reader Feedback “The Minelab Equinox: From Beginner to Advanced” by Clive James Clynick (2018)
Received the book. Excellent information within! Great for beginning with the Nox, as well as advanced settings and techniques for experienced users.
CG
Great reference that I will refer to often. Very in-depth on the capabilities and functions of the Equinox line. Pleased with this purchase!! Recommended for all Equinox users, and potential buyers.
SE
Brilliant book well worth getting it gives you a better understanding of the machine than the manual alone.
PS
Clive, enjoying the hell out of your book. It is a must have for any Equinox hunter. $ well spent, thank you Sir.
RL
Very informative. I would highly recommend.
LG
Clive! Received the book. That was quick shipping thanks. Excellent read and informative. This will truly help.
Best of luck!
RG
Clive, I have you’re manual & I read it over & over & learn more each time. Nicely done sir.
JJ
After reading your book I concentrated much more on the sound quality of targets. I very quickly started to understand which sounds to dig. Have found several ancient coins already.
GL

The new one is every bit as good--minus the space used up on control / settings basics.
cjc

lutz

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No shame here calling a "spade a spade". Its a shame that you did not have the booklet proof read before selling it. The typos were not the big problem. I first had to read the booklet multiple times just to determine what sections I needed to bypass (cross out) because you did not take the time to separate/highlight what sections did not apply to the model 600.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread