Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just haven't had the time to do the update but plan on doing so very soon. I just haven't had the time because most of my detecting stuff was buried from the move. But today, the third pinpoint and a couple others went very quiet on me and I have to wonder if the update will correct this. I have no real complaints otherwise but then I am okay with what it does right now otherwise. I haven't been able to put in any time with the machine the last 5 months so today was like remembering what it was like again. I mean I had to remember where to turn the stupid thing on but found it quickly enough.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are missing until you either use another machine or are able to hunt with someone else with a Nox that functions either better or worse than yours. Right now, I find an interesting target and I may call my wife over to check it out with her LF Deus coil or she calls me. sometimes the EMI seems to be worse for her LF coil than for the Nox like it was at one spot today. in fairness for the Deus, my wife is strictly a turn it on and go, no adjustments or changes in settings for nothing. So, hopefully in the next week or so I will get the 600 in here (still in truck in hopes of hunting tomorrow) and try the update.

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in a nutshell
update is good for silver coins on side and pinpointing
not good for falsing with iron, especially with 6" coil
have a look at past posts on this subject, there is a lot of good information

Top Member Reactions