you guys have had time to try several out by now, what is a good set of wireless?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know that by now, a lot of people will have tried numerous wireless headsets with all kinds of results. none of us want the lag time that can be there and any can be very frustrating. I am just looking for a decent pair or even ear buds if they have them. Ear buds would be the best. I can't afford the real expensive stuff, just want the best bang for the money. Thanks for any help. Jerry

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Samsung level u pro ear buds are low latency and are pretty cheap price wise..
Then there is the archmage soundclean 09 over the ear headphones which are low latency as well.

I own both and they work really well with no lag at all.

puterdoc

May 7, 2005
I use the Miccus SR-71 Stealth headphones...they appear to be exactly the same as the Minelab ones without the logo. I have two pairs and they work perfectly on the Nox. Low latency and no issues...about $60 on the big auction site

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Miccus SR-71 Stealth headphones...they appear to be exactly the same as the Minelab ones without the logo. I have two pairs and they work perfectly on the Nox. Low latency and no issues...about $60 on the big auction site
Same here.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to try the earbuds, I use hearing aids anyways and the ear buds will will be cooler and so on. The wire is getting pretty old, had my headsets jerked off my head last trip out. I guess I need another puck for the Deus too since my wife has claimed it.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to try the earbuds, I use hearing aids anyways and the ear buds will will be cooler and so on. The wire is getting pretty old, had my headsets jerked off my head last trip out. I guess I need another puck for the Deus too since my wife has claimed it.

I've never used wireless headphones but the headphone wire that came with the Nox is extremely cumbersome. I am forever snagging it, pulling it out of the jack. :BangHead:

I have a pair of Rattlers that I would like to find an adaptor for.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used wireless headphones but the headphone wire that came with the Nox is extremely cumbersome. I am forever snagging it, pulling it out of the jack. :BangHead:

I have a pair of Rattlers that I would like to find an adaptor for.

Got this on Amazon and works great on my Rattlers. Search for CGTime Golden Plated 3.5mm Mono 1/8 inch Audio Male to 6.35mm 1/4 inch Female Jack Converter Cable Cord Adapter (25CM/10Inch)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are getting wireless Earbuds make sure they are APTX LOW LATENCY bluetooth otherwise the lag is unacceptable when swinging. There are really not that many earbuds available that are true APTX low latency and the manufacturers are not good about putting it down in their specs. APTX without low latency is NOT good enough. Still a lot of delay vs. low latency. Regular BT is not usable at all. I have not seen APTX low latency earbuds that cost much less than $100 BTW, whereas the Miccus and equivalent over the hear headphones cost $30 to $60.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this on Amazon and works great on my Rattlers. Search for CGTime Golden Plated 3.5mm Mono 1/8 inch Audio Male to 6.35mm 1/4 inch Female Jack Converter Cable Cord Adapter (25CM/10Inch)

Done! Thank you !!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto on the Miccus SR-71 headphones. atpX is a must regardless of which brand that you decide upon.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks, after some thought, going with the Miccus SR 71, believe they are $49.99 on A.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread