South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally paid the $50 bucks for the wireless low latency headphones vs the wired set with the 600 plus 2 years with wired headphones on my Garrett.

Only one hunt with the Miccus’s, but man I am FREE!!! No more tangling my pinpointer tether and headphone cable. No more untangling the cable in the briars. No more keeping the detector too close to the hole because of the attached headphones.

Plus the sound quality is way better and volume is endless. I had to run my wired 600 headphones at max volume, but never felt loud enough to hear the slightest nuances in targets. The ear cups are super comfortable and totally block out the ambient sound, felt a little uncomfortable in the woods with no sounds from the environment. I guess I’ll get used to it or go to the one ear method.

Loving them!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
will have mine on order soon, I had forgotten how much I hated the wire with my Deus but the 600 forced me to use them again. yeah, they suck, no two ways about it. hanged it on everything, just about ripped ears off twice and once almost cut the wire when I stcuk my Samson into the dirt as I used my pin pointer.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using them with a bluetooth transmitter or do they connect directly to your machine?

I'm curious because I'd like to find a set that I can use with my Xterra 705 which would require a transmitter.
I got a different set earlier this year but the delay from swing to sound was horrible

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you using them with a bluetooth transmitter or do they connect directly to your machine?

I'm curious because I'd like to find a set that I can use with my Xterra 705 which would require a transmitter.
I got a different set earlier this year but the delay from swing to sound was horrible

The Equinox 600 has built in Bluetooth transmitter. I think that Miccus does sell a transmitter as well. Good luck.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, you need to get APTX Low Latency for bluetooth to be usable otherwise you have to go with one of the proprietary (and more expensive) wireless solutions from Quest, Garrett, or Minelab. Miccus, Taotronics, and Trond make tiny receiver/transmitters that you can plug into your detector's headphone jack (might need to also get a 1/8" to 1/4" plug adapter to hook the cable up to your detector), for about $30US. Marry that to a Miccus SR-71 or equivalent APTX LL BT headset and you have a great wireless audio detecting setup for about $60 - $75US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread