Any water hunting regulars out there using the EQ? Wanna know more about this....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

cyborgmudlark

Oct 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey there, ive got more than 40 hrs underwater in 6 feet or less of salt and no drama at all except the external speaker sounds weird now. everything else is sweet, i prefer a 6" coil as it runs stable submerged in saltwater at higher sensitivity (20-22) than the stock 11"(15-18) and creates way less drag, but ive used the 11" underwater quite happily for 6 hours continuously without too much fatigue, just the 6" is a real pleasure to swing underwater comparably.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox' work great in the water. Used a few all summer, wading and diving. They are super stable and pretty deep. Freshwater here, but hunt many beaches that are very very tough for certain other detector's to cope with stability. Lack in volume output with piezo's, but useable. They can sometimes see certain gold items that an excal or ctx cannot, which accounted for almost $400 in gold for me this past season (items excal's can't see). Not perfect, but have a lost going for them, great for the price for sure. .....long time excal user, and had a couple ctx's too, awhile back

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They can sometimes see certain gold items that an excal or ctx cannot, which accounted for almost $400 in gold for me this past season (items excal's can't see).

I've watched Youtube videos where the Nox picked up a stretched out small gold chain, and the Excal would not. It is doubtful I'll ever use my CTX in the water, an earlier version before ML modded for the water leakage problems. I've been thinking of selling the CTX, I'll ponder that once the weather gets me out dirt digging again.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've watched Youtube videos where the Nox picked up a stretched out small gold chain, and the Excal would not. It is doubtful I'll ever use my CTX in the water, an earlier version before ML modded for the water leakage problems. I've been thinking of selling the CTX, I'll ponder that once the weather gets me out dirt digging again.

Detecting one while testing, and finding one are two different things. The Equinox picks up chains as a '1' which is basically every bit of foil, gum wrapper, etc. If you hunt a trashy beach dry sand you will go completely insane if you stop and dig every '1'. One day I committed myself you digging every '1'... I scratched that idea after 30 minutes.

On a clean beach, in wet sand, or in the water I do usually dig those signals though but have yet to find a gold chain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions