Watch out earth I got the 15”

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I regret to inform me I'm older than you. At least I have a reservation for hereafter. You gotta keep to those open fields. You could do like I did today, I went to a CW camp dug since the 1950's and got 1 eagle button, an eagle back and 6 tiny, itsy bitsy pieces of camp lead, like the biggest one was 1/4". But on a high note, one of the pet goats came over, got within 20 feet from me, then gasped! and the little brown goat ran away very fast! So I scare goats. I had been warned there was a male goat in the pen interesting in "dating"...well, just about anything, however I did not see him, just the brown little girl. Scardey cat goat!

Only me, only me.

Imagine keeling down bending over rooting after a 10 inch deep plug only to find you are being whispered in your ear by a horny goat. Would love to see that photo in the finds sections.

once was in a similar position when hunting only to look up and a dog was staring me in the face 6" nose to nose. Fortunately for me it was a friendly yellow lab who was curious to see what that human was digging for. One of the draw backs of wearing ear phones.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you love The Office like me you'll probably like The Detectorists and Trailer Park Boys...(U.K...Canada)...Netflix...

loved the Detectorists, will have to try Trailer Park Boys. Thanks

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are so right about Doc. Got my 800 in 3 days in March of 2018 while others were waiting months. A Kellyco salesman tipped me off to hit small dealers on new allocated products because they don't have as large of a wait list like Kellyco.

I am afraid of that 15 incher on my 800, I get tired digging 9 inch holes in my Georgia red clay mixed with rocks and roots. Imagine digging 15 minutes for a drink can top or screw top?

but down where you live, I suspect the soil is more sandy. let us know how it works and what you find. I am curious.

Doc’s a great guy. Got my 800 in 9 days when everybody else was still on the waiting list, same thing with my 6” and this one. He’s my go to no matter what. Are used the 15 inch today and I actually love it I don’t want to take it off. Now you’re right because that’s something I always say it’s nice to have a machine that will hit deep the problem is you have to dig it and that’s what a lot of people don’t understand. We have Sandy soil and then we have that Louisiana clay slick as all get up. In the summer it turns in crumbling asphalt. But yeah I’m a digger I’m obsessive with the stuff I will dig until I get my treasure or my 12 in.² nail LOL

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1657360

And if you ever want something fast go to Doc’s Detecting Supply in Las Vegas.

Congrat's to you Truth on the new 15' coil. Pretty soon you'll have forearms like Popeye after swinging that Badboy Lol. Best of Luck to you. Heck, you must have been pretty good.....it aint' even Christmas yet.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrat's to you Truth on the new 15' coil. Pretty soon you'll have forearms like Popeye after swinging that Badboy Lol. Best of Luck to you. Heck, you must have been pretty good.....it aint' even Christmas yet.

It adds 5oz of weight over the stock coil. So Popeye arms not required.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah when opportunity knocks you gotta answer it. And V it’s not not bad at all. Heck my ATP with the Storm, Tornado man those where killing my arms and shoulder. I swung 4 hours and I’m good. No complaints.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Time for a bigger shovel! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time for a bigger shovel! :icon_thumleft:

Oh Professor I’m taking the 15” to the place I found the 1 and 1/2 reales the other day that was with the 11” running deep. This monster goes deep I’m going looking for the money pit.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody tell Truth that Minelab is introducing a backhoe in mid-2019. 😂

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab includes the tube of Bengay for the shoulder my dealer said. The updated tube too. They finally got it right.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6” is too small, not enough coverage...15” too heavy and awkward... wish they would come out with one in the middle, sort of a compromise... maybe 11”? Might work pretty good?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6” is too small, not enough coverage...15” too heavy and awkward... wish they would come out with one in the middle, sort of a compromise... maybe 11”? Might work pretty good?

I’d sell the 6” no problem to to small, but Im DIFFIDENTLY keeping my 15”. Have you swung one? Wasn’t heavy or awkward for me at all. My ATP with the Storm or Tornado....now that felt twice as heavy, hell it’s half the weight of the 3030, or maybe I’m just real strong lol [emoji123]

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’d sell the 6” no problem to to small, but Im DIFFIDENTLY keeping my 15”. Have you swung one? Wasn’t heavy or awkward for me at all. My ATP with the Storm or Tornado....now that felt twice as heavy, hell it’s half the weight of the 3030, or maybe I’m just real strong lol [emoji123]

Just poking fun. I see the benefits. I’m still working on mastering the stock coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see what you did there. To be honest, I may not put the stock back on. Its basically no significant difference in weight with good depth, separation, and sensitivity to small targets. 6" for restricted swing situations, 15" for everything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see what you did there. To be honest, I may not put the stock back on. Its basically no significant difference in weight with good depth, separation, and sensitivity to small targets. 6" for restricted swing situations, 15" for everything else.

V I truly think so. 6” for my thick woods, 11” for iron patches and 15” for everything else. Go big or go home lol
I was surprised how much I liked it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Trailer Park Boys" huh. Seems high class to me!

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my 15" coil. I have zero falsing issues.. it's deep and does alot better than expected in iron.. I found quite a few older Wheaties and silver in nails. I could not pinpoint but easily could tell good targets were there.. easy to swing as I just glides across the ground.. found several ID of "9" cuff buttons at 7" deep or more with good clear signals. So very good with small objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread