Prototype Equinox complete shaft, ASSEMBLED! (Pictures)

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rasco --

I have a whole letter I've written up for prospective customers, detailing all the costs, for the various different options, etc. Not being evasive, it's just that there are a number of options/configurations, and each with a different price, so it's not easy to give a simple answer. May I send that letter to you? I'll send you a PM, and will give you my email address. If you would like a copy of the letter, just send an email to my address and say "send me the letter," or whatever, I'll gladly send it to you.

The bad news -- I keep getting delayed on the parts shipments. What should have arrived no later than early this week, is now delayed until early this upcoming week; also, I MAY already be "sold out" of the Herke cuffs, though -- or maybe I should say "they may all be accounted for." I've contacted Jeff, to let him know, and he's in the process of pondering a continuation of the production of the cuffs, given the strong response thus far.

The good news is -- it won't be long, and I'll be shipping them out to customers! I kind of feel like I'm pulling a "Minelab" on everyone, with the delays, but I PROMISE it's not my fault! (Though that's probably what Minelab would have said, also!) I am in the process of searching for a different supplier -- one who is more reliable with respect to timing; it's a slow, tedious, difficult process, getting all the kinks in the supply chain ironed out. Thanks everyone for your patience!

PM forthcoming, Rasco…

Thanks for your interest!

Steve

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful work here. It's nice to see options out there like this. The cam lock is a very nice thing, and so much better than the twist lock stock unit. And that carbon fiber look all the way is awesome. It's also a refreshing change to see you are wanting to be sure everything is "good" before you start shipping out these items. Better to take time and it be right than have a bunch of mad customers.
Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RobNC --

Thank you VERY much for the encouraging, kind words, and for your interest!

I really wanted to address what I perceive (partially through EQX customer feedback) to be the "shortcomings" of the EQX stock shaft. Namely, instability or "wobble," the inferior (in my opinion) twist locks (requiring inclusion of the less-than-favorable spring button and button hole design), the nose-heaviness/ergonomics issues, AND -- I think carbon-fiber gives the machine a higher-end, more "polished" aesthetic appearance. Each of these things mentioned, are what I focused on trying to address, in designing the shaft. Now that we have reached "production stage," I feel confident that I have successfully addressed each of these issues, and thus achieved my initial goals. But...that of course is not for me to decide, but instead will be determined in the "court of public opinion!" So far -- based on comments like yours -- so good! :)

Thanks for your post!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread