Honest question about workings of Multi-Freq.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to recap and digest this information.

It is pretty clear now the 800 in the multi mode, is only actually transmitting in 2 frequencies because adding more frequencies being scanned at the same time would affect power and depth.

Frequency weighting means the detector is operating in two specific frequencies per mode and can and are different for the 1's, 2's.

in the 1's mode (park1 and field1) we suspect or do we know it is operating in 5 & 10 Khz?
in the 2's mode (park2 and field2) we suspect or do we know it is operating in 15 & 20 Khz.

beach and gold 2's would probably be 20 & 40
beach and gold 1's would be what?

so do we know this for a fact or are we just making good educated guesses based on what the modes are supposed to be weighted for for those types of hunting and listing the two most logical frequencies to obtain that hunting goal?

Just maybe I am getting a little closer to my higher education in understanding the 800 thanks to great guys here who take the time to share information with us. Please point out if I am digesting some of this info incorrectly I don't want to learn incorrect info on the 800. I know vferrari is always doing a great job of helping us, but sometimes I need some more clarification on his detailed points.

And all that is what I had kind of wondered about, but then, where does that leave the 600?, not having a prospect mode, or be able to operate in single Freq's of 20 & 40. Bottom line is I like the machine, just took an mild interest in just how it operates, more so after learning that it sends basically two Freq's at a time, not five. Anyway I'm in agreement with "Vferrari" in his latest post # 20. Use it and enjoy. Kind of like my car, don't understand all the parts and internal workings of the engine, I just drive it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread