Short Video I did adjusting iron bias

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when you use Park 1 do most people lower the IB, or just use another setting?

I don't worry about the IB setting too much if I am just coin shooting in an area with just occasional iron like a park or ball field where masking is highly unlikely. But if I am using Park 1 specifically for deep silver in high density iron junk conditions, I do dial back the IB setting if I have not already done so (the settings stick until you do a factory reset, mode reset, or software upgrade). I also do the same for the Beach modes.

I really know of no difference between Park 1 and Field 1 other than PK 1 is preset with IB of 6, and Field 1 the IB is 0. That and the little pictures. For me, I just always hunt in Field 1 or 2.

The only other big differences between Park 1 and Field 1 is that field 1 is 2-tone and the ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination breakpoint is at 2 vice 0 for Park 1 and the 800 recovery speed setting is 6 on Field 1 vice 5 on Park 1. Otherwise, not sure what else is "under the hood" to differentiate between the two modes as they are both weighted to lower frequencies and, therefore, optimized for higher conductors though they will certainly find targets across the spectrum.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah ha! I HAD forgotten about the two tone, last time I had used it I went to multi tone, something I had become familiar with on the Safari.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread