flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see gold rings all over the place with the equinox...between 9 and 21. My AT Pro was not as crazy with gold numbers which makes me think this is a result of mutlifreq processing.

I may have missed it, but has anyone done a test along a series of gold rings, on each of the single frequencies?

I'd be curious to see what those numbers come up as. I have recycled my last run of finds, so I can't do this myself our I would.

Thanks

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's a multif thing because Equinox tends to normalize TID values to minimize variations from mode to mode. Gold and other mid-conductors (vs. high conductors) should vary on TID based on alloy purity, shape, and mass. I think what you are seeing is the Equinox's ability to more accurately differentiate these varations than the ATP which operates at a frequency slightly lower than optimal for mid conductors at 15 khz vs. 20 to 40 khz for the Equinox. I will try to conduct some SF testing with Equinox, though.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have some really odd (read challenging) ground, what do you hope to learn from using just one frequency? Beach hunting especially has usually very stable ground and doesn't need a switch from multi to single, and in fact, in the beach modes, you can't even do it. I've run the Gold modes in dry sand, and that works fine. The target I.D. numbers come up the same as other modes. I haven't tried to run just 20 or 40 as a single though. The only reason I would hunt that way would be to look a tiny piece of gold/platinum.

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you have some really odd (read challenging) ground, what do you hope to learn from using just one frequency? Beach hunting especially has usually very stable ground and doesn't need a switch from multi to single, and in fact, in the beach modes, you can't even do it. I've run the Gold modes in dry sand, and that works fine. The target I.D. numbers come up the same as other modes. I haven't tried to run just 20 or 40 as a single though. The only reason I would hunt that way would be to look a tiny piece of gold/platinum.

No, I was really only curious about 5, 10 and 15khz. I did notice some very distinct differences in TID when using 15khz in my yard, but I never experimented with it in dry sand. Obviously not using beach mode, this would be dry, not wet, sand.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you should scoop every non-ferrous target in dry sand, the actual I.D. number doesn't really matter.

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see gold rings all over the place with the equinox...between 9 and 21. My AT Pro was not as crazy with gold numbers which makes me think this is a result of mutlifreq processing.

I may have missed it, but has anyone done a test along a series of gold rings, on each of the single frequencies?

I'd be curious to see what those numbers come up as. I have recycled my last run of finds, so I can't do this myself our I would.

Thanks
I don’t know what frequency he used but here’s some vdi numbers on gold

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the numbers clearly state "dig it all" non ferrous. On my machine I can tell the lightweight foil, it's never been wrong, but still, dig it all or lose some. Vferrari nailed it with the content of the gold, alloys used to make it, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread