How to change my tones in beachmode to sound like the prospecting ones.

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I really love the tones on gold mode but can't stand the beach ones. My ears are having a hard time adjusting. I really like the more sweepy tones like you get in gold prospecting mode. I feel like the beach ones fade too quick and just chirp too fast for my liking. I like being able to hear the tone fade out and build up, it helps me pick out tones to investigate and discern good targets from the chatter.

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind guys I solved my problem. It sounds much better to me now in 50 tones. We have some coins that are nickle cladded steel and they are very frustrating in the water. Most get really pitted in the salt and I'm not interested in diffing them. With the 50 tones you hear it right away. Now this is the machine I was waiting for!

Also the regular signals seem to stand out much better. I'm not sure why minelab had it set up that way in factory but it seems much more difficult to use personally.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 tones gives more audible information, include stability of the ID. Horseshoe prevents clipping of low ID non ferrous tones on the edge.

But to answer your original question, gold mode uses pitch audio which is unique to gold mode and cannot be used in any other mode. Pitch aydio only provides a signal strength information and no tone ID information. Conversely, the 2, 5, and 50 tone ID audio cannot be used with gold mode.

BTW you can use Gold mode on dry salt beach sand if you want but it is unstable in the wet salt beach areas.

HTH

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that today and I think I will use gold mode in the dry sand. As for in the water, having the full 50 tones makes it much easier to skip over things like my coins I'm avoiding and bottle caps.

I will try it in practice soon, I just find that the FP for beach modes was giving me trouble visualizing alot of my targets the last two times out. Beaches here are very trashy, I could dig everything but I wouldn't cover much ground at all, then I might as well use the PI machine.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FP? Frequency Profile?

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory presets.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx. Early onset issues here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread