So you just got an Equinox for Christmas...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I was finally able to get out again this past Saturday. I used 50 tones for the first time in Park 1, and I REALLY like it. I left all the other settings at default, and had a pretty decent day. I went slow and methodical and managed 4 wheats and one silver in just 3-1/2 hours of hunting. This is in a park that myself and others have pounded for decades. I also found 3 early 60's memorials, so the park still holds some goodies. Still full of trash though. I've learned a lot from this thread and a couple others, and would like to say thanks to those who have posted all the helpful info. I love my new Equinox!

Last edited:

scottburny

Mar 25, 2019
Winchester Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I just received my 600 and am learning this amazing detector. I got into detecting from my dad who has passed away and I got to keep his old white detector. I am now passing it on to my 12 year old since the equinox arrived we have dug up keys coins and aluminum cans. I have been following this forum for a while and now with the help and knowledge that this forum has I’m sure we will be successful and look forward to our adventures. Thanks

scottburny

Mar 25, 2019
Winchester Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks I’ve been practicing in my backyard and have uncovered nickels aluminum cans lol a brass button a cut in half penny and of course nails I left them in the ground for my practice targets. I will be heading to Az next week and are planning to take my kids on some adventures thank you all for the support and love reading about the finds that everyone has posted

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and info "V". I bought my 800 last Fall, and have used it many times in Park 1. I do so well with my finds that I'm not even changing the settings. I just use factory preset of Park 1. I may explore the settings some day, but for now it is a great detector right out of the box. I use the detector in yards, woods, and parks. Still use my trusty CZ 5 for the fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread