Equinox 800 owners - was it hard to learn?

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Not around here. We pretty much run the ExCal as hot as you can and dig everything non-ferrous. Can't do that very often with the Nox. It just gets too chatty and drives you crazy with false signals.

What if you turned your excl's sensitivity to 10 in the sea? Wouldnt it be the same?

Excl at 10 in fresh water lakes was very challenging to learn for me. Hearing and understanding those very deep signals, learning to pinpoint when the target is very deep in fresh water, finding gold next to iron. It took me 100s of hours to become very good with it.

Searching with the nox is way easier imo. Its also a way more logical detector as well.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do run it at 10, or auto depending on the area. With a good scoop, pin pointing shouldn't be much of an issue. Until you get used to it, it can be a challenge at night in the surf though. I run the Excal in Pin Point (all metal) when I hunt and only switch to Disc to eliminate iron. I scoop everything except what gives a dead iron sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread