Beyond the 800

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is very tight lipped about any new releases or developments, the only way we as the public know something is in the works is by watching patent filings by Minelab. They do not even tell employees outside of Australia what they are developing until they are ready for field testing.

As far as releases here is public info on the last 7 years.

CTX 3030 Released 2012 - Hobby detector
GPZ 7000 Released 2015 - Dedicated Gold Detector
GoldMonster 1000 Released 2017 - Dedicated Gold Detector
Equinox 600/800 Released 2018 - Hobby Detector

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question. Even better responses. That's what I like here. Funny thing is...I researched a lot before I bought mine...I got an 800 since I had the money. I used it for all of 5 minutes to check it out in the yard. It seems worth all everyone is going nuts over. Found out I've got lots of digging ahead. But at the same time I came across a fabulous deal on a Tesoro Mojave and got a great deal on an extra coil. That was in early December. Then the world turned upside down as a drunk driver killed both my parents and almost killed my daughter and her husband. So the 800 will gather hang time in the garage since it's the last thing on my mind or have time for while we help them to rehab and I attend trials to bury the habitual criminal. If I get any time I'll just use the Mojave and hope to find a buyer that will get a hell of a deal...Anyone interested PM me, if it doesn't get blocked and we can discuss. Just can't see it not getting used

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I decided to get my equinox 800 I vowed to go all-in and learn everything I can by using the Nox almost exclusively and not getting lured into the next new ultimate detector. I have all 3 coils already, and I’ve addressed all the things I thought needed addressing. I wanted super-portability for back-packing, so I installed a “ fold and go”.
I also converted the shaft to an s-shaft using a whites s-shaft. Now it has the ergonomics of my f 75 and no wobble issues. I modified the coil route so that coil changes take only seconds to do. I also added a set of wired super-light earbud headphones, but normally use a pair with the WM 08 for wireless use. I just wanted backup. I’m certainly no expert at using the equinox, but I get better with each use. I will get the Sabish handbook as soon as it is released. I hope to see more coil options and future software updates- but I see no reason for an upgraded equinox in the future.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ll happily take a unit with the fantastic ctx identification data coupled with nox separation, speed and weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread