South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first got my Nox I bought an adapter from Guitar center for my curly Garrett headphones. I never got it to work consistently, it would constantly lose connection and the detector would not sense headphones were plugged in and it would toggle between the headphones and main speaker, really annoying. Ended up just buying Bluetooth Miccus headphones, what an improvement it made to my detecting experience

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to use the wireless module with those?

soilsifter

Greenie
Jun 11, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
DFX w/ Detech 13in ultimate and 6in excelerator coils, Sunray DX-1 probe.

AT Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I experienced a similar issue as well. I’m using the adapter will the Black Widow headphones. It’s been awhile since I tried it but i believe it would occur when connected directly to the Equinox and with the WM 08 wireless audio module.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are people who use the adaptor made by Minelab having the same problem?

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know Minelab made one...... I might pay $40 if I knew it would work. It looks like it has over a foot of cable...... Don't really need or want that extra length to get tangled up in..... If anyone has one of the Minelab ones please chime in :icon_thumleft:

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my advanced years, I’ve learned to spend the time to research before spending. If I already own something I’ll try to see if it will work with another piece of equipment. I learned that the best option in headphones for the Nox were the Miccus SR71’s. I got them from my daughters for Christmas, and they paired quickly.

I just purchased a pair of Taotronics TT-BH024 low latency earbuds, and they paired quickly with the 600. A quick test on the Kitchen floor with a couple of coins showed best response when set to 2...lag time imperceptible. I’ll,report back next week when I hope to get out again. Today we’re dealing with 10” of fresh show, high winds and low temps...bummer!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Rattlers and use this adaptor from Amazon. CGTime Golden Plated 3.5mm Mono 1/8 inch Audio Male to 6.35mm 1/4 inch Female Jack Converter Cable Cord Adapter (25CM/10Inch) I have no problem and it sounds great using this small cable.

adapter.jpg

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back someone was nice enough to post about those. I purchased one from Amazon but the one I received was a stereo jack...... I found another seller on eBay and purchased another. Thats the one I get the dirty tones from.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what adaptors are people using that work? is the one that Minelab sells the best option. I'd like to use my single cup killer b's when it gets hot out.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I shelled out $40 for the MineLab headphone adaptor. It causes the detector to not recognize the Rattler headphones and so the sounds come out of the speaker built into the machine, not the headphones. I still haven't found a solution that will allow me to use my Rattler headphones.......

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back someone was nice enough to post about those. I purchased one from Amazon but the one I received was a stereo jack...... I found another seller on eBay and purchased another. Thats the one I get the dirty tones from.
You need the stereo jack for it to work!!!!!!!! If you call kellyco service the guys there will tell you exactly what you need. They also have the adapters.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a two stereo adaptors that work but the rattler headphone sound quality seems to suffer from them. The tones are scratchy and rough.

I need to try the headphones again with the etrac, maybe something is wrong with them.

puterdoc

May 7, 2005
I bought this adapter on eBay so that I could use my CTX 3030 waterproof headphones on my NOX...they work great and no distortion...should be able to find them under CTX Equinox adapter...

ACE1DC9C-EBD9-4214-AEE5-E22B0BB1670D.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread