Patriot Headphones (waterproof Equinox headphones) WOW!

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Talk about some nice headphones with fantastic tone/sounds and seriously good volume for Equinox (which is tough to get).

I've used a multitude of waterproof headphones for many machines, for both wading and dive detecting use. Excal volume levels have always been a dream level, when using waterproofs on other submersible detectors.

Most always, piezo headphones are seriously lacking adequate volume when used with Equinox, especially for shallow diving use.

The headphones that use the little waterproof speaker modules have good volume for wading, but don't fair well underwater.

Awhile back, I used a iphone decibel meter app to compare 3 of the available options. The stock yellow phones were the least loud. The speaker module types and the other popular brand was close to the same on higher tones, but not so much on lower tones. I recorded all the results, realizing the phone apps aren't highly accurate, but could show a decibel difference in volume between the phones.

Upon first trying these out with my Nox, I could immediately tell these had phenomenal volume, with excellent sound quality. Using the same dB app, with phone positioned the same, all the levels were 3-4dB higher across the tonal range. They do great at quieting background noises too. Excellent fit/comfort.

Very awesome high quality headphones, can't wait to get in the water again!

0cJypaN.jpg

mu1ECgD.jpg

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mine sent me those headphones. OMG, the best I've ever owned.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kevin W

Greenie
Oct 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like these are the same price as the Grey Ghost headphones. Any thoughts as to which is better, or are they both pretty equal? I hope to be getting an 800 soon, and I do not want to get the yellow Minelab waterproof headphones.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are absolutely louder than GG, with excellent sound/tones. The GG are louder than the yellows.

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are absolutely louder than GG, with excellent sound/tones. The GG are louder than the yellows.

So are these Patriot Headphones the best waterproof (underwater) headphones for the Equinox? There are audio volume problems with most underwater headphones so wondering if these are the best option for my Nox at this point?

Edit: In all the research I've done so far, the 2 that get mentioned the most as the "best" options for underwater with the Equinox are the Patriot Headphones and the Tony Eisenhower's Headphones. Has anyone actually used both and can accurately compare the 2 models?

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perdigo, the Patriot Headphones are the loudest at the moment in my testing of these versus Amphibian II or Minelab underwater. Nice fit and hand built in USA. We keep them in stock.

Wayne

GMG2

Greenie
Jun 28, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a birthday coming up I just might ask for a pair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread