Headphones not charging
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree25Likes
  • 4 Post By jdiggs_treasure
  • 3 Post By Truth
  • 4 Post By Truth
  • 1 Post By jdiggs_treasure
  • 1 Post By Truth
  • 2 Post By sprailroad
  • 5 Post By smokeythecat
  • 2 Post By cudamark
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By carioca

Thread: Headphones not charging

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Headphones not charging

Has anyone had problems with there headphones not showing a light when charging?

us
    Jan 2013
    northern california
    Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6 Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils Killer b wasp headphones Whites prostars garrett carrot Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger Lesche t handle/ hand digger
    324 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    What's up truth... have you tried another charging cable? My factory headphone charging cable just went out a few weeks ago...

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiggs_treasure View Post
    What's up truth... have you tried another charging cable? My factory headphone charging cable just went out a few weeks ago...
    Thanks Ill check and see if thats the problem. I just hope I have a fitting cable. Im planning on swinging tomorrow early its be in the 30d with gusting winds it gonna test this Southern boy. People not realize we have that damp humid cold that hits the marrow of your bones. I dont even own a winter jacket lol

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thank you brotha tat was the problem. Thanks for looking out for a Equinox brother

us
    Jan 2013
    northern california
    Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6 Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils Killer b wasp headphones Whites prostars garrett carrot Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger Lesche t handle/ hand digger
    324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Thank you brotha tat was the problem. Thanks for looking out for a Equinox brother
    no problem truth... glad you were able to get your headphones charged up and ready to go!!! Good luck on your hunt...
    Truth likes this.

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiggs_treasure View Post
    no problem truth... glad you were able to get your headphones charged up and ready to go!!! Good luck on your hunt...
    Thanks jdiggs
    jdiggs_treasure likes this.

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    3137 times
    Hmmm... charging cable, I've been careful with them, I'll be sure to continue to do so.
    jdiggs_treasure and Truth like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30363 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    For all my machines with separate cables/charging devices, I have purchased a back up device. Just in case.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8684 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I had to send my headphones and charging cable to Minelab for replacement under warranty. The connection in the headphones went bad and they wouldn't charge at all with the factory cable. I used a phone cable and was able to get them to charge only if I pulled the plug to one side and fasten it there. Got a brand new one at no cost from Minelab in only a few days. No new problems so far.
    jdiggs_treasure and Truth like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Jan 2013
    northern california
    324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I had to send my headphones and charging cable to Minelab for replacement under warranty. The connection in the headphones went bad and they wouldn't charge at all with the factory cable. I used a phone cable and was able to get them to charge only if I pulled the plug to one side and fasten it there. Got a brand new one at no cost from Minelab in only a few days. No new problems so far.
    Sweet... yeah Jaime over at minelab is awesome... there customer service has been very good to me as well...

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    33760 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Glad you are up a running, stay warm and show us the goodies!
    Truth likes this.

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Glad you are up a running, stay warm and show us the goodies!
    One gold filled ring. My spots are drying out bad Professor

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    13165 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    well, mine are exactly drying up yet, they are pretty wet and now snow covered with ice
    Truth likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    25388 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    well, mine are exactly drying up yet, they are pretty wet and now snow covered with ice
    Ive worn mine in the rain, I mean hell in the summertime the holes fill up with sweat down here, I figured what the hell.

Sep 2016
    3 times
    Let me share my headphone advice for those encountering issues charging the wireless Equinox phones, or the miccus equivalents like I bought. I live overseas so warranty work is hardly worth the trouble. I beach hunt and did so carelessly for months until the charging issues emerged. My guess is sand and salt water made their way into the micro-usb charging port and corroded/damaged the leads inside. I was about to give up on wireless and use it in wired configuration, but I managed upon a solution that has at least delayed that inevitability. Every time I need to charge, I use isopropanol, a high octane alcohol (99.8) and a toothbrush to scrub in the charging port. I repeat this three times. This cleans corrosion off the leads and it dries without residue. If a cable is suspect do the same on its connector as well. I have brought the phones back to life with this trick at least for a while. Another important thing is to put a small piece of electrical tape over the charge port on the headphones. I also cover the headphone jack, the little hole nearby, and the volume buttons as well, but the critical one is the charge port. I imagine this keeps some salty residue from making it to the leads. Anyway I hope this information is helpful to somebody.
    vferrari likes this.

Sponsored Links