Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up truth... have you tried another charging cable? My factory headphone charging cable just went out a few weeks ago...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's up truth... have you tried another charging cable? My factory headphone charging cable just went out a few weeks ago...

Thanks I’ll check and see if that’s the problem. I just hope I have a fitting cable. I’m planning on swinging tomorrow early it’s be in the 30’d with gusting winds it gonna test this Southern boy. People not realize we have that damp humid cold that hits the marrow of your bones. I don’t even own a winter jacket lol

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you brotha tat was the problem. Thanks for looking out for a Equinox brother [emoji1317]

no problem truth... glad you were able to get your headphones charged up and ready to go!!! Good luck on your hunt...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... charging cable, I've been careful with them, I'll be sure to continue to do so.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all my machines with separate cables/charging devices, I have purchased a back up device. Just in case.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send my headphones and charging cable to Minelab for replacement under warranty. The connection in the headphones went bad and they wouldn't charge at all with the factory cable. I used a phone cable and was able to get them to charge only if I pulled the plug to one side and fasten it there. Got a brand new one at no cost from Minelab in only a few days. No new problems so far.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send my headphones and charging cable to Minelab for replacement under warranty. The connection in the headphones went bad and they wouldn't charge at all with the factory cable. I used a phone cable and was able to get them to charge only if I pulled the plug to one side and fasten it there. Got a brand new one at no cost from Minelab in only a few days. No new problems so far.

Sweet... yeah Jaime over at minelab is awesome... there customer service has been very good to me as well...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are up a running, stay warm and show us the goodies! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, mine are exactly drying up yet, they are pretty wet and now snow covered with ice

carioca

Sep 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me share my headphone advice for those encountering issues charging the wireless Equinox phones, or the miccus equivalents like I bought. I live overseas so warranty work is hardly worth the trouble. I beach hunt and did so carelessly for months until the charging issues emerged. My guess is sand and salt water made their way into the micro-usb charging port and corroded/damaged the leads inside. I was about to give up on wireless and use it in wired configuration, but I managed upon a solution that has at least delayed that inevitability. Every time I need to charge, I use isopropanol, a high octane alcohol (99.8) and a toothbrush to scrub in the charging port. I repeat this three times. This cleans corrosion off the leads and it dries without residue. If a cable is suspect do the same on its connector as well. I have brought the phones back to life with this trick at least for a while. Another important thing is to put a small piece of electrical tape over the charge port on the headphones. I also cover the headphone jack, the little hole nearby, and the volume buttons as well, but the critical one is the charge port. I imagine this keeps some salty residue from making it to the leads. Anyway I hope this information is helpful to somebody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread