First hunt with my New Equinox

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my new Equinox 600 for my first hunt on a local park yesterday for a couple of hours. I didn't find anything spectacular but I found around 20 coins, nothing special, all modern clad. Also a piece of silver plated jewellery, maybe part of a ring? It has really intricate pattern and definitely doesn't look modern. Small finds but hey it's a start. One thing I realised is the Nox is a pretty deep machine and when I start to know what I'm really doing I'm sure better finds will come. I'm hugely impressed with the machine. Here are a couple of pics. Pic.jpg Pic 2.jpg

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to hear you're enjoying the nox too. It's a great machine. Has a few quirks but it's my favorite so far. It has really excelled in the wet sand for me and I think it's hard to beat it there. Can't wait to really put some hours on the other modes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out. I don't know your weather patterns but here the ground is frozen hard. The ocean beaches are ok.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great first hunt. Congratulations

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: The Nox is a great machine. The more you get to know it the more you'll love it!

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds right out of the gate big guy!! I hope I can get close to those kinds of finds when I finally get to start with my machine. Good pictures too. Best of hunting going forward in the new year mate from across the pond!!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice first outing. There is tons of audio clues in that machine. Once you log some hours on it you will see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread