04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the low cost earbuds I have tried have turned out to be true APTX LL EVEN when advertised as such on the sites. Buyer beware.

I just go wired in bad rain or put my hood up in lighter rain with the Miccus since there is no wire to worry about or...

I like these IP6 rated backphones which are weather resistant which are APTX LL (but need a special firmware update to get there so PM me) but they are not inexpensive nor good in cold rain/weather since they are on the ear phones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8M4R7K/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The following are supposedly APTX LL but have decided to stop rolling the dice:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KLWS43V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2NTRQSLKX00J5&ps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQSQ5V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HH

Vterrari, I still haven't been able to pair my earphones to my detector...Minelab was no help this morning since tech wasn't in and woman who answered phone, says its an issue with the earphones and not the detector. I just happened to run across this post in the thread that led me to make my purchase and i see you had mentioned something about a firmware update. Can you explain to me, what you mean by this and will it be helpful in my situation?

Thanks,

Steve

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The model I cited are back phones that needed an obscure firmware update to make them appear to the Equinox as APTX-LL but I had no trouble pairing them before the update. The Sound Peats paired up without issue or need for a FW update.

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The model I cited are back phones that needed an obscure firmware update to make them appear to the Equinox as APTX-LL but I had no trouble pairing them before the update. The Sound Peats paired up without issue or need for a FW update.

Vferrari...Just checking and trying everything I can to try to get these paired. Still waiting on sound peats tech to respond to my email and phone message.

Going over to my sons house tomorrow to try a pair of his bluetooth earbuds.

also reset the factory headphones, but don't understand why they would go into pairing mode automatically after reset. Even after i turned them off and put them on the charger the lights were red at first then started to blink red-blue. Could these be affecting the soundpeats from pairing.

Steve

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro, Tesoro conquistador
Primary Interest:
Other
04 jeep , i just went thru the same and posted in your thread. I was having the same problem and finally got mine to pair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread