Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the low cost earbuds I have tried have turned out to be true APTX LL EVEN when advertised as such on the sites. Buyer beware.

I just go wired in bad rain or put my hood up in lighter rain with the Miccus since there is no wire to worry about or...

I like these IP6 rated backphones which are weather resistant which are APTX LL (but need a special firmware update to get there so PM me) but they are not inexpensive nor good in cold rain/weather since they are on the ear phones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8M4R7K/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The following are supposedly APTX LL but have decided to stop rolling the dice:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KLWS43V/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2NTRQSLKX00J5&ps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQSQ5V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HH

Last edited:

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Samsung level u pro's are aptx low latency but are not waterproof... they pair up nicely with the equinox and sound pretty good for earbuds... they are nice to have when the weather here in Sacramento gets over 90-100+ degrees!!!

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$21.36 may not be a lot of $$$ for some, but thats a lot of squats no matter how you look at it :icon_thumright:

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
I use the SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus earbuds on my Equinox 600 & they work great. This particular model is an Amazon Choice.
Taterbill

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus earbuds on my Equinox 600 & they work great. This particular model is an Amazon Choice.
Taterbill

Thx! I just purchased these. I’ll post with review next week or whenever they show up.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx! I just purchased these. I’ll post with review next week or whenever they show up.

Those were the ones in my second link. PA dirt or taterbill, let us know whether the definitively light up the bluetooth symbol with a plus sign on the Equinox display indicating that are true APTX LL.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taterbill

I just purchased these last night after reading this post.

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
Yes, they light up the Bluetooth symbol WITH the plus symbol. I’ve also previously bought supposedly “low latency” earbuds....only to find they were not!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they light up the Bluetooth symbol WITH the plus symbol. I’ve also previously bought supposedly “low latency” earbuds....only to find they were not!

Thanks, Bill. Will have to check those out then.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
How critical is low latency? Does it really lag that much with standard BT?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How critical is low latency? Does it really lag that much with standard BT?

It does make a difference when detecting.

Standard SBC BT = 170 to 250 ms delay (unusable for metal detecting)

AAC BT = 90 to 100 ms delay (still unusable IMO)

APTX (non-low latency) = 60 to 80 ms delay (borderline usable except on very fast swings like trying to wiggle off target or in hugh recovery settings).

APTX - LL = 30 to 40 ms (delay not normally perceptible to most even on fast swings)

I personally notice the delay for anything other than APTX-LL BT. Some folks swear they can tell the difference between wired and APTX-LL or even the WM08. I find that hard to swallow, but if you do perceive a delay of any sort, it us very distracting, especially when trying to pinpoint a target. Makes it seem like there are two targets on the ground separated by a small distance. Standard BT is not even close to being usable. Standard BT and AAC delays can even percetibly screw up audio to video synchronization on videos.

Last edited:

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just put a plastic bag over my regular bt headphones, It is a little hard to breath but they stay dry. :sign10:

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those were the ones in my second link. PA dirt or taterbill, let us know whether the definitively light up the bluetooth symbol with a plus sign on the Equinox display indicating that are true APTX LL.

They do as I have them already.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swung for about 30 min with the SoundPeats. They worked well, but did not do a good job keeping my ears warm in the 14 degree wind chill.... I’ll be using the Miccus headphones, but good to have a low cost spare set of viable Bluetooth earbuds. I can see using these when I travel and in the summer.

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got my new SoundPeats earbuds in today. Only tried them at the house so far but I think I may have found my favorite audible device for the Nox.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new SoundPeats earbuds in today. Only tried them at the house so far but I think I may have found my favorite audible device for the Nox.
Yeah mine came a few days ago and love them. Sound is very good, comfy, and no lag. Good buy!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good buy. I like them, too.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
There's a 5% coupon on them on Amazon right now; saved another $1.50. I actually have a pair of the older standard BT version of these I use for working out and loved them. Went ahead and ordered a pair as I'm finally pulling the trigger on a Nox in a few weeks and V's great explanation sold me on the reasons why :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions