WM 08? How to use it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a way to connect a set of wired headphones with out being wired to the detector.

Keep in mind by design the Equinox always looks for the WM08 first to sink to via blue tooth so if your going to use your blue tooth headphones don't turn on the WM08. If you have your blue tooth head phones synced and then try to connect with the WM08 or have them turned on and it sinks up you will need to resync to the blue tooth headphones.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kinda what I thought...Thanks for the info!

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response time with WM08 is more than 2 times faster than ML80 headphones.
17 ms vs 40 ms delay.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love using my Rattler headphone and the WM08 is the best way to use it! I like having one ear not covered so I can hear what's going on around me.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wear mine around my neck with a short elastic lanyard. Plugged into that is a pair of koss side fire headphones ( ends like ear buds the cord is wound around till the connector is only long enough to plug into the wireless module ( 6”). With these on I hear the detector but also my surroundings and it’s like I’m not wearing anything-you forget their on. I sometimes use bigger phones too

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the real purpose of this device? Is it redundant? How are you guys using yours?

I'm not. I used mine once just to verify it worked. I like the factory wireless headphones and use them exclusively.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not using it either. Seems like kind of a waste of hard earned $$$. I guess I'm not really understanding why anyone would spend big bucks on a totally wireless capable detector, and then go tromping around with wires hanging off your head?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not using it either. Seems like kind of a waste of hard earned $$$. I guess I'm not really understanding why anyone would spend big bucks on a totally wireless capable detector, and then go tromping around with wires hanging off your head?

It's less about wires and more about not being tethered to the detector by the wire. Perhaps they like the quality and audio response of their wired phones but would like to not have to have them plugged into the control head of the detector which is a pain. The WM08 allows that. Having a couple of wires going your breast pocket or belt is lot better than having those wires hooked to your detector. Completely wireless is great unless you don't like the sound of stock wireless headphones or want to use something that is more water resistant in bad weather. I personally think the included BT phones are fine but detectorists are kind of picky about their equipment so ML have given them options. Why complain about that?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's less about wires and more about not being tethered to the detector by the wire. Perhaps they like the quality and audio response of their wired phones but would like to not have to have them plugged into the control head of the detector which is a pain. The WM08 allows that. Having a couple of wires going your breast pocket or belt is lot better than having those wires hooked to your detector. Completely wireless is great unless you don't like the sound of stock wireless headphones or want to use something that is more water resistant in bad weather. I personally think the included BT phones are fine but detectorists are kind of picky about their equipment so ML have given them options. Why complain about that?

Exactly.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point well taken...I haven't even tried using it, so I guess I shouldn't complain about it. Just for grins, I may in the near future. For now I'm really enjoying being totally wireless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread