Equinox complete carbon-fiber shafts NOW AVAILABLE!

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
The wobble and the inability to replace the battery is another pathetic minelab trick to make you come back with more money. So I will very likely buy one myself.

I wasted numerous shafts on my original excalibur and its not happening again with the nox. Screw you minelab.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wobble and the inability to replace the battery is another pathetic minelab trick to make you come back with more money. So I will very likely buy one myself.

I wasted numerous shafts on my original excalibur and its not happening again with the nox. Screw you minelab.

The battery IS user replaceable and ML has put out information on how to do it or will do it for you under warranty and outside of warranty for a fee (the battery is a standard lithium ion cell that you can buy from a third party).

See this post and thread.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/569719-warranty-info.html#post5714038

HTH.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK I am new to this and I just purchased the Nox 800.

There has to be a reason(s) I am not understanding why everyone or so many people want this carbon shaft? It sound great!

What are the advantages I am not seeing? Is there something wrong with the shaft that comes with the unit?

I am just curious. Thank you

It wobbled so I bought the Anderson shaft but I bought it when it very first came out. I think they already fixed that issue. Enjoy your Equinox 800 ( I still can’t bring myself too call it Nox lol)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are on the fence about whether or not to get one of Steve's carbon fiber Equinox shafts, just get one. Quality is outstanding! I optioned mine with holes drilled in the upper shaft for the lower shaft lock pin, but I can simply rotate the the lower rod 180 degrees if I wish to have infinite adjustment. Also got a counterweight for the shaft. I never noticed just how nose heavy the Equinox is (11" coil") until I compared the balance of the detector with and without the weight. Sure, it's heavier now, but very well balanced. Well worth the price!

Good point

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, all! Just wanted to make a quick post to say that the first shipment of parts I've been waiting on arrived today, which will allow me to begin building the next production run of Equinox shafts, and thus get my inventory re-stocked, over the next few days. If you are interested, or have been waiting for this "second batch" of shafts, now is a great time to contact me. I have a "for sale" ad up, in the classifieds section, with more details.

THANKS!

Steve

View attachment 1685088

What are you some sort of Scientist or something? :)

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you some sort of Scientist or something? :)

Truth,

Funny you should ask; not sure what made you deduce that, from my post, but yes -- I am in fact a scientist (that's my "real" job -- though I guess I'm sort of a small-business owner now, as well...) :)

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all, for the kind words/compliments!!

It probably sounds cliche, but I really mean this -- there's nothing I enjoy more than a fully satisfied customer! I can promise you, that if I didn't fully believe in the quality and functionality of the rods and shafts I sell, I would NOT be selling them in the first place. It's not about making a buck, for me; to me, I'm just a detectorist who likes solving problems, and I enjoy the idea of then sharing any solutions I come up with, with fellow detectorists -- all with the hope of making each customer's detecting maybe just a bit more enjoyable (and hopefully, successful)!

Thank you to all of you who show interest, and to all who have believed in my products enough to make a purchase. I'm very grateful for the positive feedback, and it's what keeps my business going.

Steve

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,

Funny you should ask; not sure what made you deduce that, from my post, but yes -- I am in fact a scientist (that's my "real" job -- though I guess I'm sort of a small-business owner now, as well...) :)

Steve

Secret....your posts intrigued me, so I looked at your profile. Lol

I have respect for scientists, but I have HUGE respect for small business owners.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth --

OH! LOL! I forgot I even put that on there! ;)

I thought you had some kind of ESP, or something! LOL!

Thanks for your kind words!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point

Yes, VERY good point, I agree. I always tell people who "might" want the button holes, but aren't sure, that one option is to get the shaft with button holes, and just remove the spring button from the lower rod -- and that's one way to try the "universal adjustment" thing...and then if you want to use the button holes, just re-install the button on the lower rod. However, Indiana Mark's option is MUCH easier -- just spin the rod 180 degrees, and the button won't engage in the holes. Genius, Mark! I never even thought of that! LOL!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you must’ve be like man this guy’s very intuitive: laughing

I was thinking that, LOL!! I stared at my post for a few minutes, trying to think "what in the world, in that picture, or the words I said, led him to conclude that I'm a scientist?"

LOL!

Steve

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve
I am interested in your product. Please send me order information.
I also noticed “HighVDI’s 800. And it’s nice!
Please send me your a complete list of accessories and prices
Thanks,
Email: [email protected]
Harold

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harold --

I sent you a PM; THANKS for your interest!! I appreciate it!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread