Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been Metal Detecting for the last couple of days and not getting any real clear good signals so I brought a liberty dime with me and buried it at 5 inches deep with the 6” and nothing. I tried every program, ground balance, every kilohertz nothing so aggravated with this thing lately.

I don’t think my soil is compatible with the 800 with the high mineralization it averages mid 70s mid 80s

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been Metal Detecting for the last couple of days and not getting any real clear good signals so I brought a liberty dime with me and buried it at 5 inches deep with the 6” and nothing. I tried every program, ground balance, every kilohertz nothing so aggravated with this thing lately.

I don’t think my soil is compatible with the 800 with the high mineralization it averages mid 70s mid 80s

Check this info out on louisiana soil survey classification and see if t might be of any help to you.

https://www.lsuagcenter.com/NR/rdonlyres/B8103A56-3895-487E-9887-DC1C4B6C6FFD/49277/B889SoilClassificationHIGHRES.pdf

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you're working it too hard! give it a break, you know, 20 minutes every four hours or so. sounds very frustrating, hope it gets straightened out quickly.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOT GOOD !
IMHO your machine or loop is screwed up , I know you hunt A-lot but don't think you wore it out yet.

Also IMO even in your hot soil the machine should get a dime at that depth with that coil.

I hope you don't have to send it in , doing that just the Worry Kills me.

I been having Machine issues (not as bad as yours) but it's worrying me.

I Truly hope it's an easy / simple / free fix.
Davers

P.S. Tho I liked your post , I don't like your situation , just wanted to alert you that I care :sad11:

Last edited:

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Did you check both ends of the coil connection? Maybe unscrew and re screw both ends.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called up my boy possum and he said to remove my cold cover I don’t even know it had a cool cover on it and it’s filthy inside there hopefully that’s it. I didn’t know these things had coil covers LOL

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check all your connections. That soil would be considered "moderate" around here.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaning the coli cover is a good place to start. If the problem persists try to also clean the coil, coil cable and lower shaft. Factory reset is also an option.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
thats sucks, you gotta back up machine?

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I was gonna say; did you check the coil fluid levels? But that would be mean,funny , but mean. Good luck brother!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your sweep speed? The higher your sweep speed the less depth you will get. I usually keep mine at 4 sometimes 5.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try the original coil it came with and if it hits the dime then maybe it’s the 6” coil that’s the problem. I’ve never cleaned a coil cover but it couldn’t hurt to try that. Good luck.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Working much better IMG_0012.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would try the original coil it came with and if it hits the dime then maybe it’s the 6” coil that’s the problem. I’ve never cleaned a coil cover but it couldn’t hurt to try that. Good luck.

I appreciate it hawk I was surprised how much soil the had in there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread