Interesting find today with my new Equinox

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had my second outing today, went back to the same place where I posted my first finds. Had around 15 clad coins and one that looks really old, I can just make out a few letters but it looks as though it has rusted?

Then I dug a target and boy did my heart race! It looks like a brooch maybe? You can see from the pic it looks very old, I didn't know whether it was junk at first but when I cleaned it a little it looked like gold and the stone I was hoping was real.
Getting it home and cleaning it I'm pretty sure it's gold plated and the stone i'm sure isn't real. But I am still stoked anyway, and for only my second hunt I can't complain.

I am really happy with the Nox, I was finding small pieces of foil and metal 12'' down, the machine is super sensitive and deep.
Sorry about the poor image quality. The first pic is the front and the second the back. The stone fell out!
front.jpg back.jpg 1.jpg coin.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone tell me how to clean the piece up a little better and remove the green patina?

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At your own risk I would soak it in lemon juice and brush it with a toothbrush. It has been very effective and save for me. Maybe because of the material you may want to google it for peace of mind. GL & HH

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just had the brooch checked guys, it's 1960's costume jewellery! Oh well maybe next time. The pleasing thing is the Nox found it in the first place so i'm not too disappointed. It will be even more sweeter when I do find gold. The Nox really is a great machine.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Bobby dazzler !!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job with the new machine! :icon_thumleft:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still a nice find nonetheless. Congrats!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread