A2coins...Done this also. Thanks,

Steve

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
I understand, the video just uses the ML headphones as an example. My suggestion is to review the steps, sounds, and visual indicators in the video and repeat that process with your Sounds Peats.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin...Understand and tried to pair as suggested.

Steve

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro, Tesoro conquistador
Primary Interest:
Other
You aren't alone, I just did get the same set of ear buds and am having the same trouble. They pair to the android phone just fine but i cant get them to connect on the nox.

Supposedly you can reset the ear buds by plugging in the charger and then holding down the multi function button until it flashes purple ( approx 5 secs). I tried that as well and no luck.

I reset the ear buds, factory reset the nox, turned the phone off and no other bluetooth devices available here at the house and still couldn't get them to pair up. I had no trouble pairing the minelab headphones or the wm08 module but these have been a bear....

rook74

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
SE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro, Tesoro conquistador
Primary Interest:
Other
ok so i just reset the ear buds again. turned them off, turned the nox on, held the pairing button on the nox to initiate pairing, then instead of holding the multi function button down for 5 secs to turn on and start the earbuds to pair , i just pushed and held the multi function button long enough to hear "power on" then released the button.

The earbuds paired right up within 10 secs. It appears (in my case)when you reset the earbuds as I mentioned in my previous post, as soon as they power on they are already searching to pair with a device.

so try this and post back your results. hope this helps.

eta: make sure your minelab headphones are powered off, or any other bluetooth devices to be safe so nothing interferes with the earbuds and nox.

Last edited:
OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so i just reset the ear buds again. turned them off, turned the nox on, held the pairing button on the nox to initiate pairing, then instead of holding the multi function button down for 5 secs to turn on and start the earbuds to pair , i just pushed and held the multi function button long enough to hear "power on" then released the button.

The earbuds paired right up within 10 secs. It appears (in my case)when you reset the earbuds as I mentioned in my previous post, as soon as they power on they are already searching to pair with a device.

so try this and post back your results. hope this helps.

eta: make sure your minelab headphones are powered off, or any other bluetooth devices to be safe so nothing interferes with the earbuds and nox.

Rook74...I appreciate your response, I have tried it this way also numerous times even as I am typing this with no luck. Even went out in the field to get away from all other gadgets and still wouldn't pair. Am glad you won the battle with yours. At this point I'm beyond frustrated.

Steve

Lepreshawn

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same issue with soundpeat engines. I can get them to pair but not consistently. Sometimes they will pair easily, other times it’s just blinks forever and turns off. Tried all different combinations. It’s a return for me. They do fee comfortable and sound good, but I can’t have them pairing only when they feel like it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe getting confused with terminology being used here but you shouldn't have to repeatedly pair any set of bt headphones with the Equinox. You pair once, then leave the bt radio on the detector on when you turn it and the headphines off and they should reconnect automatically once you turn them both back on for the next detecting session. The only time you need to go to pairing mode is when you are attempting to pair up a new set of bt headphones or if you have paired the WM08 wi stream module.

Lepreshawn

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes my Minelab headphones will remember each other, but the soundpeat engines won’t. There must be some kind of firmware change or something that is causing this pair issue because it sounds like some people have no issues and others like myself who have pairing issues. Even once I get the engines paired (which is spontaneous in nature meaning I can’t repeat a sequence to make them pair) if I turn the machine off and back on they will not find each other and I end up having to try to pair again which means sitting around for an hour trying multiple times to get them repaired. It’s a shame because the engines felt nice and sounded good. I bought them on your recommendation but there’s something going on with pairing for sure because after reading this thread I realized it’s not just me.

Maybe getting confused with terminology being used here but you shouldn't have to repeatedly pair any set of bt headphones with the Equinox. You pair once, then leave the bt radio on the detector on when you turn it and the headphines off and they should reconnect automatically once you turn them both back on for the next detecting session. The only time you need to go to pairing mode is when you are attempting to pair up a new set of bt headphones or if you have paired the WM08 wi stream module.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it. Agree your pair of soundpeats sounds like a hassle. Can't wait to see how the Quest water resistant wireless bt headphones work out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread