04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading the post lately on using the SoundPEATS Bluetooth IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus with the equinox 800 I decided to get me a pair also. I received mine today but, I can't seem to pair it to the detector. I have the earphones blinking red and blue and the detector in pairing mode but they just refuse to pair. I have no problems pairing the included headphones and my grandson is able to pair the soundpeats with his devices. Any suggestions?

Also, while changing settings on the equinox like tone id, sweep speed, iron bias etc. the display blinks, does not remain solid. Returning to main screen display is solid. I just don't remember if screen blinked while changing settings.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Steve

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention I performed a factory preset already

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you put the detector in pairing mode - did you hold down the wireless button for 5 seconds? It can take 30 to 50 seconds to pair.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you put the detector in pairing mode - did you hold down the wireless button for 5 seconds? It can take 30 to 50 seconds to pair.

Yes, I did and after 3 minutes the headphones shut off. I kept repeating the process but with no luck.

Do you know the answer to my other issue?

Thanks,
Steve

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno about the blinking, don't feel like going out to the 15F garage to dig out the detector and look right now. (BTW are you talking about the display or the backlight blinking?)

Regarding the pairing and some troubleshooting you can try. Can you pair the supplied Equinox BT headphones to the detector? [if not you might have a wireless radio problem with the Equinox] Do the Sound Peats pair to your phone? [If not then the Sound Peats might be defective]. HTH

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno about the blinking, don't feel like going out to the 15F garage to dig out the detector and look right now. (BTW are you talking about the display or the backlight blinking?)

Regarding the pairing and some troubleshooting you can try. Can you pair the supplied Equinox BT headphones to the detector? [if not you might have a wireless radio problem with the Equinox] Do the Sound Peats pair to your phone? [If not then the Sound Peats might be defective]. HTH

I am talking about the numbers themselves, the hunting mode your in and the cursor of the item you are changing.

I have been using the supplied headphones with no problems, they always pair right up and the sound peats pair with other items in the house. After holding the pairing button for 5 seconds on the equinox and hearing the double beap I hold the button on the sound peats for around 3 seconds and the light blinks blue and red, they are both in pairing mode but they don't pair

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and checked and those numbers flash while you are in settings mode so that is normal. Never noticed it before but it is a good way to tell that you are not in a normal search mode.

Regarding the sound peats. Mine paired right up but when I hold down the multifunciton "play" button for pairing. I do not get flashing blue and red lights on the Sound Peats, though, when in pairing mode the blue light just rapidly flashes so maybe you have a different firmware version or something.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and checked and those numbers flash while you are in settings mode so that is normal. Never noticed it before but it is a good way to tell that you are not in a normal search mode.

Regarding the sound peats. Mine paired right up but when I hold down the multifunciton "play" button for pairing. I do not get flashing blue and red lights on the Sound Peats, though, when in pairing mode the blue light just rapidly flashes so maybe you have a different firmware version or something.

Vferrari, Don't know what I need to do at this point, but want to thank you for your help. You always find the time to help all in need and we all have gained knowledge in reading your posts to others.
Sincerely,
Steve

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vferrari, Don't know what I need to do at this point, but want to thank you for your help. You always find the time to help all in need and we all have gained knowledge in reading your posts to others.
Sincerely,
Steve

Ditto.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve - the problem might be that you paired the sound peats up to another device. I did some more playing with the headphones last night and if they gave been paired with another device they will try to connect to that device first even if it is not on or in their vicinity (in my case, that was my phone). In that case they do flash red-blue. Try holding down the play button until they rapid flash blue and then put the Equinox into pairing mode and see what happens. The sound peats can be set up so they can pair with two devices just like the Equinox headphones. Let's get this working.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve - the problem might be that you paired the sound peats up to another device. I did some more playing with the headphones last night and if they gave been paired with another device they will try to connect to that device first even if it is not on or in their vicinity (in my case, that was my phone). In that case they do flash red-blue. Try holding down the play button until they rapid flash blue and then put the Equinox into pairing mode and see what happens. The sound peats can be set up so they can pair with two devices just like the Equinox headphones. Let's get this working.

Good morning Vterrari, first thing i did this morning was done a factory reset on the sound peats and try your suggestion. It doesn't seem to flash solid blue long enough before turning to red-blue. Just don't understand why it connects to everything else we've tried it with. After the rain stops this morning, I will take it out and try it in the field and see if this does the trick There has to be a simple solution somewhere. You don't think it's possible this thing is trying to pair with the headphones in the same room, do you? I appreciate you helping me with my struggle.

Steve

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know how it goes in the field. Make sure none of the other devices the sound peats or the Equinox have paired with in the past are turned on or in the vicinity and factory reset both before the attempt. FWIW, I successfully accomplished the pairing sound peats in my house which is an EMI nightmare.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know how it goes in the field. Make sure none of the other devices the sound peats or the Equinox have paired with in the past are turned on or in the vicinity and factory reset both before the attempt. FWIW, I successfully accomplished the pairing sound peats in my house which is an EMI nightmare.

Will keep you posted.

Steve

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, man. If you get them working, they sound great.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, man. If you get them working, they sound great.

I sure wish i had something positive to report...but I don't. Pairing did not work in the field either. I was able to pair with another item so I don't think the problem is with the sounds peat. i suppose I could try reverting back to the old update and see what happens...but I think this is just spinning my wheels. I'm still open for other suggestions...

Will try calling minelab monday morning sometime and see if they have any suggestions?

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife had a pair of bluetooth headphones for me to try and pair with the detector. These would not pair either. Seems my detector will not pair with anything other than the minelab accessories that were supplied with unit.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird. Maybe you should call ML tech support.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird. Maybe you should call ML tech support.

Vterrari, I find this very weird as well. Going to contact them first thing on Monday.

Thanks again for your time and patience. You are truly appreciated here.

Steve

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Hi Steve,

Given that your Minelab headphones pair to your Nox without an issue, and that your Sound Peats pair to other devices without an issue, I can't help but wondering if there isn't something in the process that's not going quite right? Here's a video that shows what you should be doing/seeing/hearing, maybe it'll give some insight into what's happening?

Grasping at straws at this point, can't imagine how frustrated you must be!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn your head phones on before your detecter!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread