Probably a dumb question, but

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would noise cancel after setting are in place. Especially sens. They also say to re noise cancel if you change search modes.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me, a dumb question is one where the answer is blaring right at you. Dumb is when you should ask and don't. ignorance does not mean stupid, no man knows everything and therefore is ignorant of something. Besides, usually there are others that want to know the answer too but for some reason are afraid to ask. Me, I don't care what someone may think, if I don't understand something and am trying to, I ask. I usually noise cancel first but I could be wrong

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The settings menu is sequenced in the order ML wants you to do the settings and is consistent with the quick start guidance. Namely, turn on the detector, select your desired search profile/mode, noise cancel, ground balance (if necessary), get out of settings and adjust sensitivity (if necessary), go detect. Does the sequence really matter? Probably not but I find no reason to deviate from ML's written settings sequence guidance (p. 11 of the manual) because the settings menu is set up to support that sequence.

High VDI is right, each mode needs to be treated like a separate detector, so if you use more than one mode at a site, each one should be noise cancelled and ground balanced (if necessary), separately before first use at the site. Typically, you shouldn't have to do it again after the initial setup during a detecting session.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fuzzymaster

Jan 31, 2017
North Central Oh
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing it in the order ML set it up is what I was thinking, just I read where someone said to noise cancel last. So, thanks all

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To me, a dumb question is one where the answer is blaring right at you. Dumb is when you should ask and don't. ignorance does not mean stupid, no man knows everything and therefore is ignorant of something. Besides, usually there are others that want to know the answer too but for some reason are afraid to ask. Me, I don't care what someone may think, if I don't understand something and am trying to, I ask. I usually noise cancel first but I could be wrong

Kinda deep

OP
OP
F

fuzzymaster

Jan 31, 2017
North Central Oh
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep. Coming from a vaquero I think I am going to like the 600. Only used it on two short hunts. So much more info. I hunt with my brother and his atp , so yea looking forward to some nice weather.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you ground balance before you noise cancel it is possible that the GB will try to track out the noise (EMI) which will make ground balancing difficult to achieve. So Select your mode, sensitivity and then . Noise cancel then GB.
Just an opinion not gospel. based on my experience with my Infinium and other detectors with Noise cancel ability.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noise cancel first:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions