04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notified soundpeats about the problem I was having pairing their earbuds to my equinox 800 and without hesitation they sent me out a new pair to try. They told me to keep the other pair as they did not need them back. Well to make a long story short, I tried them out today and they paired right up and work great.

I want to thank everyone who posted to help, especially vterrari for his multiple attempts and patience with my pairing issue.

Sincerely,

Steve

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Glad ya got them working! Now go swing the coil!

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe these things. After pairing earbuds for a second hunt these things are terrible. Instead of nice crisp sounds they sound like a gurgling mess while swinging the coil. When doing any quick changes to the settings they can't keep up sound wise either. Are there others having any issues with these soundpeats?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used earbuds, I've stayed with the Minelab wireless headphones supplied with the 800, I did buy a pair of ArchMage wireless headphones as a backup, JUST in case I should somehow lose or squash my current ones.

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used earbuds, I've stayed with the Minelab wireless headphones supplied with the 800, I did buy a pair of ArchMage wireless headphones as a backup, JUST in case I should somehow lose or squash my current ones.[/QUOTE

with all the problems I've been having with earbuds, I will stick to my supplied headphones as well.

wyohunter99

May 22, 2010
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Ctx & Deus
I can't believe these things. After pairing earbuds for a second hunt these things are terrible. Instead of nice crisp sounds they sound like a gurgling mess while swinging the coil. When doing any quick changes to the settings they can't keep up sound wise either. Are there others having any issues with these soundpeats?
I use a pair of wired skullcandy earbuds with the wm08 module...

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pair of wired skullcandy earbuds with the wm08 module...

How is the response over targets? What price are they and where did you get them?

Steve

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have soundpeats as well I love them for a very reasonable price they are hard to beat. And now knowing the company stands behind them is great

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at your previous post, and didn’t see anywhere where the earbuds were aptX low latency. IPX6 is not the same. AptX is the low latency chipset that pairs with the same chipset in the Equinox. You can get the IPX6 to eventually pair, but function will be erratic...this has been my experience.

I purchased these in January, and just finished using them every day for the past two weeks with my Equinox 600 in Cape Coral Florida in parks and on the beach...wet & dry sand and in the salt water. Not a single problem, and used recovery mode 3. I only had to re-pair them once, following a factory reset...they paired immediately! Hope this helps anyone else thinking about getting earbuds. They must be the aptX low latency chipset.

B711339F-E8EA-4DF6-B70F-E625083A807A.jpeg

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeVal, thanks for your post. I will take a look at these.

Steve

OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForidaSon, I do. I will leave it in my truck next time I go out to hunt and see if this helps.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP

04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at your previous post, and didn’t see anywhere where the earbuds were aptX low latency. IPX6 is not the same. AptX is the low latency chipset that pairs with the same chipset in the Equinox. You can get the IPX6 to eventually pair, but function will be erratic...this has been my experience.

I purchased these in January, and just finished using them every day for the past two weeks with my Equinox 600 in Cape Coral Florida in parks and on the beach...wet & dry sand and in the salt water. Not a single problem, and used recovery mode 3. I only had to re-pair them once, following a factory reset...they paired immediately! Hope this helps anyone else thinking about getting earbuds. They must be the aptX low latency chipset.
View attachment 1681229

Just purchased a set from ebay for $9.99 plus $4 shipping. Sale is good til, Tuesday 7:51 am pst

Steve

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
I checked the ads for both the taotronics & the “eBay” earbuds, and nowhere does it say they are Low Latency ! Aptx....yes, but not Low Latency. Aptx are pretty good , but still not as fast as Aptx Low Latency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread