saanich2018

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so it doe snot hurt the cover to remove it and it is best to clean the coil.

I figured as much, especially since salt water would be so corrosive.

Thank you

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although, it looks like the coil is on backwards. I suppose it would not really matter though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look in video like coil is on backwards but it would not matter in performance.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look in video like coil is on backwards but it would not matter in performance.

I thought as much. In a hurry one day changing coils, when I began wrapping the cable, I seen that I had it on "backwards", and I just KNEW it would have bugged me to no end.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you use a hairdryer and warm the coil cover it will make it easier to remove the cover.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I am not mistaken my stock coil does not have black resin to seal it up, it's white. On my 6 inch coil it is black like the video shows. Going to check it now to be sure.
*Update: Checked and it is black resin underneath sealing the coil. It does have some dimples in it though and a scratch or two. Never ran it without a cover so no idea how it got scratched.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saanich2018

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So removed the coil cover and found quite a bit of sand inside
Washed everything out and now letting it sit over night to dry
Thanks for everyone’s input

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I remove the coil cover and clean the sand out after every beach hunt. It helps to reduce any false signals.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I clean mine after every hunt. I spray it down, remove the coil cover and clean out the sand. I then wash it with warm water ensuring I get the salt spary off. After it’s dry, I silicone the cables.

I do all this because 99.9% of my hunts are on saltwater beaches and I know how hard that can be on equipment.

Overkill? Perhaps. But my equipment is always in good shape and ready for the next hunt.

Just the view from my foxhole...:icon_thumleft:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bring nothing on a beach that cannot be completely rinsed...

I use the showers and foot wash before it goes in the car and I rewash once home in back yard and let dry in shade.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can be removed not only at the time of cleaning, this is only in extreme cases, but it is possible to simply remove them. I did this when I needed to clean the appliances and pipes in the new house. This is not a problem, but the sand was not used there. The company that carried out the cleaning in principle said that it uses only environmental materials, and sand and ore that sometimes cleans pipes and does not use technical elements can pollute other areas. Therefore, I advise you to do this as needed and that's it. Perhaps you can use another method...

Huh?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Ferrari, not sure what he is referring to

Its either a bot, or a new member that had a stroke while writing their first post here.

Statistics

Total Posts: 1

Posts Per Day: 0.54

General Information
Last Activity
Today 04:18 AM

Referrals

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I’ll ask the dumb question. Does the Equinox 800 or 600 some stock with a cover or is that an add on? Sorry if this has been asked before but I can’t find it. I don’t want to try and remove something that’s not there!

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I’ll ask the dumb question. Does the Equinox 800 or 600 some stock with a cover or is that an add on? Sorry if this has been asked before but I can’t find it. I don’t want to try and remove something that’s not there!

There is nothing to remove on a stock equinox to clean it. Some of us have purchased protectors that go over the top.

Dave

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s what I thought...but I had to ask. Thanks!

There is nothing to remove on a stock equinox to clean it. Some of us have purchased protectors that go over the top.

Dave

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can you clarify whether you are talking about the coil or the control head? The control head has a factory clear face protector for shipping protection, no cover is provided. Coil covers come standard with all ML Equinox Coils, including the stock coil. HTH

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its either a bot, or a new member that had a stroke while writing their first post here.

Statistics

Total Posts: 1

Posts Per Day: 0.54

General Information
Last Activity
Today 04:18 AM

Referrals
:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions