Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi all,
Does anyone have experience using the waterproof ear buds? Also, does anyone know where to get and what kind of adapter the allows me to use my grey ghost Amphibian headphones that I have for the CTX 3030 and if the adapters hold up to being in water. Sending my CTX to Minelab for a complete overhaul then I am selling it. This is why I have the grey ghost amphibians for the CTX. I do plan on getting other pairs in the future but with $ right now I have to get the Amphibian phones to work with the nox and get the waterproof ear buds and going to get the carbon fiber shaft from one of our members here on Tnet . Am I forgetting something, probably . Well, I am sure it will come to me around Tuesday morning after I have had a couple cups of coffee. Monday doesn’t count.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I purchased these on eBay. Nice and loud and are very comfortable.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Degree-...614350?hash=item2ce56be48e:g:DKEAAOSwpZpcYdOK

B63BA1C9-B26A-4D07-9A9C-7220A26B0339.jpeg

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Yea, I was wondering how loud they are. Does it say how long they are in the link Rustygold posted? I don’t see it in the description. I am also looking at these waterproof connectors that allows me to use the grey ghost Amphibian that I have for CTX to be used with nox. Not sure about having those extra connector points that get wet. Seems like it adds more problem areas where water can get at those different parts

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting! How long is the cable?

Mine are approximately 44” from center of plug to the end of the yellow cable not including ear pcs.
Add another 1” when measured with the earbuds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Thank you Rustygold and Colonel Dan! I bought a pair like you guys mentioned. I also bought an adapter that fits the grey ghost Amphibian CTX to connect to the Equinox. Finally have a back up pair of phones. All I need now is the 15in coil and a sluice box. My family bought me a 2yr membership to GPAA and so I am about to head to Colorado in a few weeks so I am going to have to read Clive’s books as fast as I can. Hopefully I can sell my 17in big coil for the CTX soon so I can buy the 15in coil for the nox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions