CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I’m new to the Nox I’m still trying to figure it out. I was at the oldest park within 50 miles of my house today. I will get high tones with the low sound of iron mixed in. Park rules, maximum dig depth of 8”. I didn’t find anything old but wondering if I should dig some of the faint high tones. Also having issues with the faint signals of pinpointing the target. Found a 1974 penny at 7”. Signal was also jumpy. Mid 20’s-mid 30’s. Had pure iron tone after removing penny.

Suggestions for zeroing in on deep faint signals?

Am I mostly iron falsing?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you're in an old park with known older coins then I would dig any and all mixed tones that repeat and don't "wander". Some of them do have iron mixed in close by and some coins on edge will also do this too. Pinpointing with the EQ on deep coins is like trying to guide a laser beam through the eye of a sewing needle! Lol. Super hair pin IMO. If it is a signal described above and a weak pinpoint dig it! If the signal is faint and the pinpoint is loud chances are you're sampling a bigger hunk of iron or falsing on a nail or bent piece of iron

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pop the plug, thatll take of the first 3 or 4 inches of dirt and swing again, if signal is better dig a little more and retrieve it. old parks often have lots of iron and you wont get nice clean signals everytime. I wouldnt worry much about the 8 inch rule. as long as your tidy you'll be ok. and if someone is approaching when your past 8 inches, just knock some of the sidewall in and itll fluff back to an 8 inch whole.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw it mentioned in another thread, and it works most of the time. If you suspect deep iron falsing, put the shovel in the ground and pull back just a little to break the iron halo. The signal will usually clear up or disappear unless it's flat iron.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in parks like that I bring a small sheet of plastic for the dug dirt. then it all goes back in the hole and looks neat and tidy. helps keep the nay sayers at bay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions