South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nox 600 has been working great for about 6 months. On Friday I went to an old farm I have hit deep in the park woods many times with the 600. I ran normal for about 15 minutes, then it went into a -6 to -7 repeating almost drumming pattern. I did a full reboot, FP and tried to hunt another 30 minutes trying multiple modes, noise canceling and different frequencies. No luck.

Got home, cleaned out the cover, cleaned everything. Did another FP and it worked like normal. Then went out Saturday to a site near home to see if it was fixed and did not get the -6 to -7, but it would not register a tone over 19. Even if swinging over a beer can. Beer can would give either no signal or sometimes a 4 or 5, but not strong like a normal blasting beer can hightone. Then dropped a quarter and got a weak 4-5, had a Susan B dollar and either no signal or weak 4-5. But a penny, Nickel or Dime would ring about 5 under there normal VDI in Park1 and 10 under normal VDI in Field2.

Hunted in this screwy mode at the site for an hour and pulled a tremendous amount of targets. Came home cleaned and FP again and it did not fix it, no high tones. Went to the nearby site Sunday and hunted in the messed up mode for 90 minutes and again pulled a huge amount of targets. No targets were recovered that would normally fall in 26-35. Dug zero beer can tops (which is a first for me). But in 2.5 hours at this small site I have hit 5 or 6 times, I pulled all of this.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551661492.112707.jpg not including 30 shotgun shell head stamps and a dozen old fashioned style pull tabs. Stopped at a school field on the way home and same issues.

Somehow it is stuck in hyper mid tone shallow mode. And also none of these items were deep. Also another weird observation is that I can now turn on my detector in the house, crank it to 25 sensitivity and run with Horseshoe on and it is quiet. Normally I can only go about 12 sensitivity in my house.

Help....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to call Minelab. No way to figure this one out.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Nox 600 has been working great for about 6 months. On Friday I went to an old farm I have hit deep in the park woods many times with the 600. I ran normal for about 15 minutes, then it went into a -6 to -7 repeating almost drumming pattern. I did a full reboot, FP and tried to hunt another 30 minutes trying multiple modes, noise canceling and different frequencies. No luck.

Got home, cleaned out the cover, cleaned everything. Did another FP and it worked like normal. Then went out Saturday to a site near home to see if it was fixed and did not get the -6 to -7, but it would not register a tone over 19. Even if swinging over a beer can. Beer can would give either no signal or sometimes a 4 or 5, but not strong like a normal blasting beer can hightone. Then dropped a quarter and got a weak 4-5, had a Susan B dollar and either no signal or weak 4-5. But a penny, Nickel or Dime would ring about 5 under there normal VDI in Park1 and 10 under normal VDI in Field2.

Hunted in this screwy mode at the site for an hour and pulled a tremendous amount of targets. Came home cleaned and FP again and it did not fix it, no high tones. Went to the nearby site Sunday and hunted in the messed up mode for 90 minutes and again pulled a huge amount of targets. No targets were recovered that would normally fall in 26-35. Dug zero beer can tops (which is a first for me). But in 2.5 hours at this small site I have hit 5 or 6 times, I pulled all of this.
View attachment 1686851 not including 30 shotgun shell head stamps and a dozen old fashioned style pull tabs. Stopped at a school field on the way home and same issues.

Somehow it is stuck in hyper mid tone shallow mode. And also none of these items were deep. Also another weird observation is that I can now turn on my detector in the house, crank it to 25 sensitivity and run with Horseshoe on and it is quiet. Normally I can only go about 12 sensitivity in my house.

Help....

Deff call minelab.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe the detector needs to go to the repair shop...call Minelab. An outside chance, remove the coil connection and reconnect. :dontknow:

You still did very well with a malfunctioning machine!

Good Luck

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Professor is right, kind of wild!

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the detector needs to go to the repair shop...call Minelab. An outside chance, remove the coil connection and reconnect. :dontknow:

You still did very well with a malfunctioning machine!

Good Luck

I tried removing the coil connection, no luck. I’ll call Minelab in the am.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of finds on a miss behaving detector!

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551736524.619746.jpg

I called this number (found on web) this morning 8:30 am, got VM left message with brief synopsis and my cell. Tried again this afternoon 4:30 went into VM again. Does anyone have a better number to try? I saw another location for Minelab in Chicago?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want to meet up somewhere and swap coils with me real quick then wave some coins past it? Might be able to eliminate one thing.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want to meet up somewhere and swap coils with me real quick then wave some coins past it? Might be able to eliminate one thing.

Good idea. I’ll text you. Thx

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick update. I ended up sending the 600 to the service center in Pa this week. They got back to me that it was unusual, but the coil was bad and they were able to duplicate the issue I had. They are sending my Nox back with a new coil and it should be here tomorrow. Crazy fast service!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick update. I ended up sending the 600 to the service center in Pa this week. They got back to me that it was unusual, but the coil was bad and they were able to duplicate the issue I had. They are sending my Nox back with a new coil and it should be here tomorrow. Crazy fast service!

Impressive! Thanks for sharing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good they are taking care of it.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Identical thing happened to me, but with the Etrac. Minelab is great at keeping their customers satisfied with replacements and repair. I had it back in record time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread