Okay, Bit the bullet again...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As you all know I once had the Equinox 800 but was continously having problems with it such as a bad coil and maybe the rest was my loss of confidence in it, but after talking it over with Calabash and needing a light weight back up machine, I decided to buy another new 800.

I've had it for about a week now and I've yet to use it because I'm still trying to learn my Deus, but be assured it won't be long before I break it out and start learning it all over again.

Wish me luck because my confidence in this new machine is off the scale, I think this is the one that'll be the backup machine I've been looking for...

Darryl

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
D --

Glad to hear you got one! I think if you give it some time, you'll come to really like it!

Steve

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
D --

Glad to hear you got one! I think if you give it some time, you'll come to really like it!

Steve

Thanks Steve and once again, your website's awesome, very professionally put together and extremely user friendly!!! "D"

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if it seems vastly different from the first. I sold mine too - it left me wondering if it was the machine or my brain the problem. I’m waiting for something better - fw 2.0 or whatever. In the meantime the beach detecting is lousy - the storms just pull everything into the sea.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow....enjoy that luxury of an 800 as a backup! The secret with the Equinox is to learn the audio. There is so much audio built in to those machines it is amazing for a digital unit! Once it clicks it may just become your primary.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, your back up machine is better than my primary. I had to go back to my Ace250 last week and had fun popping a few keepers. Part of me still really enjoys the silence of a beep and dig machine.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Possum (aka Darryl),

Right now mine is relegated to back-up as well. I'm still thinking of selling mine, gave that some heavy thought following my last hunt in an extremely trashy area.

But then, I also know I haven't given it a chance yet, the machine and I have not become "as one" - where with my other machines - I've already bonded with them.

To be determined....

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you have a great combination, just take the time to learn each one for what they are and how they can work for you. it is nice to have options and brother you have them now. I love my deus and my 600 and both have their place. good luck and don't give up. Jerry

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a great combination, just take the time to learn each one for what they are and how they can work for you. it is nice to have options and brother you have them now. I love my deus and my 600 and both have their place. good luck and don't give up. Jerry

Couldn't have said it better myself.

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all for the great advice and support!!! "D"

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have....backup detectors?

Yep. It sucks to drive 150 miles to a one time permission and find out your coil died and then add insult to injury to have to wait 2 weeks or more before you can swing a detector while you are waiting for it to return from the shop. Besides, no one detector does it all, though the Equinox does come close in terms of versatility. You'd be surprised at what can be found when hitting the same site with two different model detectors.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the new 800. I’m sure if you give it a little more time you’ll find that it does a great job. Great backup is right.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you Possum with the new Box 800. As said, you have a couple of Heavy Hitters in your arsenal.

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep. It sucks to drive 150 miles to a one time permission and find out your coil died and then add insult to injury to have to wait 2 weeks or more before you can swing a detector while you are waiting for it to return from the shop. Besides, no one detector does it all, though the Equinox does come close in terms of versatility. You'd be surprised at what can be found when hitting the same site with two different model detectors.

images0AK4ID4X.jpg

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck with the new 800. I’m sure if you give it a little more time you’ll find that it does a great job. Great backup is right.

Thanks my friend!!!

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Devldog, yea I have a few pretty good machines, problem is trying to decide which one to use!!! Lol "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions