Back from the Gold Coast

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all I would like to give an update from recent trip. So I got my 600 almost a year ago and could not wait to go to the ocean with it, Here’s my experience It is very quiet in and around the water, I had it in beach 1 in sand 2 in water however didn’t seem to mater, noise canceled ground balanced or left at zero didn’t seem to mater, in water I left in auto,sensitivity 18 - 23 recovery on land 3 in water 2. I found when I had a bad target ( junk) it pin pointed not well, but a good target very well. Depth was hit or miss, The most frustrating thing was pull tabs and or bottle caps came in strong between 3 and 18. I didn’t find any jewelry , but I understand my detector can’t produce that ,, I detected about 4 to 5 hours most every day and averaged about . 37 cents an hour.frustrated with the numbers 3 - 18 almost always junk, but I still loved almost every minute. Maybe next time. Also played with all metal that didn’t seem to mater much either.. thanks for your time. Is there anything I should have tried?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I’m so late to the party. I think you covered it fairly well. Sometimes I’ll try the other detecting modes just to change it up a bit. Best of luck!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tabs are really near impossible to differentiate from nickels and jewelry at depth because nickel IDs start to stray from their solid 13 at depth and on edge, tabs won't usually sink as deep as nickels and jewelry, though. You are really just going to have to deal with them if you don't want to chance walking over some of the yellow stuff. Bottlecaps, however, I have found that while they tend to ring up high, their audio is highly variable in 50 tines consistent with their highly fluctuating TID, similar to a multi denominational coin spil but not as scattered. In all metal, they also often have a ferrous tone too. I still occasionally get fooled, but in dry sand, when a scoop just takes a few seconds to do, I will scoop them anyway even if I have high confidence of them being junk, just to be sure and move on. Sometimes I get surprised and find I am scooping into a concentrated spill or some other multi metal goody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread