It is probbaly me but...

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still relatively new with equinox with around total 30h on it , almost all on wet and dry beach. On first hunt he find me 2 gold rings so i can say i am quite happy with it. I already payed it off with finds with an average one gold per hunt. All the time i was using beach 2 mode, 50 tones,it was more stable and helped me to not to be too distract with false signal until i have learned sounds and numbers. I even find 0.8gr 24k earning with him so i was thinking that i am not missing anything until, until i decide to test it with my finds who r digged before with Excalibur. 24k, 18k, 14k all was in expected borders and sounds, until i test some 18k white gold, one rings was quite big maybe 8gr with diamonds ,other smaller one around 5gr and nothing, is not silence but not repeatable signal with inconsistent number which i will probably never dig.
I was shocked , it did register one other white gold ring but 2 of 3 in not really good result. Armed with that experience i went to beach, on dry sand, and again search same area which i worked before. First i got one 2.3gr 18k yellow white gold ring , even on surface he didn't produce repeatable signal , i find it only because flashlight . Second was small 1.6gr palladium ring with diamond on it ,who does produce weak repeatable signal with no 6 on screen. I also get couple of silvers but that was easy targets. When i arrived home, I was question myself what i am doing wrong , i was thinking to do frequency shift , but decide to hit manual first . It comes out that i made mistake and search dry beach with beach 2 instead beach 1 . So i immediately do test again and now in beach mode 1 all white gold produce loud , clear and repeatable signals. I feel really eased after knowing my error but this still maintain question will equinox in beach mode 2 in sea detected 18k white gold targets?
Does anyone experience similar results?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Max. Yes I’ve had similar experiences. Try the modes while on the beach just to see the results you get.
Good luck!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried running it in Beach 2 and in all metal?

OP
OP
M

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , i didn't, but i will first time i get to the beach ,thanks for input.

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , i didn't, but i will first time i get to the beach ,thanks for input.

I am new at the Equinox detector, and since there is still lots of snow on the ground in the interior of Alaska and knowing that a few inches of the ground thaws toward the end of May, I spend a lot of time reading all I can about this detector. For what I have gathered, Beach 1 and 2 are for the following:

"Beach 1 - Designed primarily for damp to wet salt sand (note most of the other modes can run stable in dry white wand even at a salt beach). Hits deep on high and mid conductors. Can find small gold jewelry at depth.

Beach 2 - Designed primarily for surf and shallow salt water hunting (Equinox can be submerged up to 3 meters). Note that to enable stability, Beach 2 will throttle back transmit power if it senses a high level of black sand or mineralization in the mud."

On dry fresh water lake sand you can use either Beach 1, or Park 1.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new at the Equinox detector, and since there is still lots of snow on the ground in the interior of Alaska and knowing that a few inches of the ground thaws toward the end of May, I spend a lot of time reading all I can about this detector. For what I have gathered, Beach 1 and 2 are for the following:

"Beach 1 - Designed primarily for damp to wet salt sand (note most of the other modes can run stable in dry white wand even at a salt beach). Hits deep on high and mid conductors. Can find small gold jewelry at depth.

Beach 2 - Designed primarily for surf and shallow salt water hunting (Equinox can be submerged up to 3 meters). Note that to enable stability, Beach 2 will throttle back transmit power if it senses a high level of black sand or mineralization in the mud."

On dry fresh water lake sand you can use either Beach 1, or Park 1.

Come down to the peninsula, things are thawing out and we can hit one of the beaches

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come down to the peninsula, things are thawing out and we can hit one of the beaches

Thanks for offer. One of these days I may have to time to drive that way, but let me tell you that I haven't driven toward Anchorage for over 25 years :)

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for offer. One of these days I may have to time to drive that way, but let me tell you that I haven't driven toward Anchorage for over 25 years :)

LOL I avoid the city too, I'm in Soldotna which is still too much city for me but I gotta work...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread