cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine on from the beginning....in all modes.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the threshold was always on?

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had mine on from the beginning....in all modes.

images0AK4ID4X.jpg

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard about using threash hold shift but have never tried it. I guess I am so focused on the beeps and squeaks that I never have heard the “shift”. I normally have the thread hold set so I can just hear it, but then my ears become numb to the white noise. I am about to hunt a CW artillery site in very mineralized soil and have decided to really see if I can focus my ears to hear some real deep iron.-

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I come from using minelabs gold detectors- gpx, gpz, sdc, etc, where hunting is all about listening to threshold disturbances, but when I got my Equinox I found I have not been using any threshold. Our ground is hot red stuff with just too much ground noise falsing getting through the threshold distracting me. If our ground wasnt so hot, I would have it on, as that is what I am used to listening for. Let us know how it works for you.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes when I'm trying to distinguish between deep targets and iron falsing, (with the horseshoe button off) I will switch to gold mode. The threshold will blank on the iron but not on a non ferrous target.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions