Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Miccus SR-71 Stealth Low Latency headphones work great on my 600 and last longer than your earbuds. I just got some Q12 PLUS

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't used the Q12 PLUS Soundpeats yet but others claim they are good too

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just watched the video. WOW!!! Finally someone living near me who gets it! I've been learning this area since I moved here 3 years ago and you said everything I've been running into. Rock, clay, REALLY old sites, constant ground balance, frozen ground for another month, working the "beach" at low tide, no EMI (no cell phone coverage too), coils, bad headphone port design (I hate the design of the coil port too), etc., etc... One other thing I don't like about the Nox is that it is top heavy when it's put down. Given the rocky shore where I dig right now it constantly flops to the side hitting the vitals on the rocks I'm digging in if I forget to lay it on it's side to begin with. Very excited that you are speaking my language! Gotta check out your other videos now. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the video. WOW!!! Finally someone living near me who gets it! I've been learning this area since I moved here 3 years ago and you said everything I've been running into. Rock, clay, REALLY old sites, constant ground balance, frozen ground for another month, working the "beach" at low tide, no EMI (no cell phone coverage too), coils, bad headphone port design (I hate the design of the coil port too), etc., etc... One other thing I don't like about the Nox is that it is top heavy when it's put down. Given the rocky shore where I dig right now it constantly flops to the side hitting the vitals on the rocks I'm digging in if I forget to lay it on it's side to begin with. Very excited that you are speaking my language! Gotta check out your other videos now. Thanks!!!

Hey, I'm just as excited to hear from someone who gets it! The 600 has some little quirks, but what it can do on the pounded sites makes up for it. The shorelines do cause some issues in regards to falsing, and noise cancelling often takes care of that. It was never an issue with my etrac, but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Totally different animal. I look forward to hearing any tips and tricks that you might come across when hunting these sites with the 600. We can share some of those as the year goes on. I'll add you as a friend. Keep in touch!

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm just as excited to hear from someone who gets it! The 600 has some little quirks, but what it can do on the pounded sites makes up for it. The shorelines do cause some issues in regards to falsing, and noise cancelling often takes care of that. It was never an issue with my etrac, but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Totally different animal. I look forward to hearing any tips and tricks that you might come across when hunting these sites with the 600. We can share some of those as the year goes on. I'll add you as a friend. Keep in touch!
Watched a few of your youtube videos, looks identical to the places I'm hunting. I'm sure we live pretty close to one another. I'm not sure if I'm getting too much falsing because when I dig a signal there is something there. Maybe not what I thought, but there is something. (if you mean falsing as nothing there) I do have to balance the machine often because of the freshwater streams and springs running into the salt areas and the high mineral areas I run into. Plus adjusting the sensitivity pretty regularly. I guess there's a few ways to skin a cat regarding these "beaches". I'm stoked for warmer weather and getting the 800 into the woods. Just got it in Dec. and haven't been able really do that yet. Cheers.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have to GB constantly, just put it in tracking mode. There really is no downside to doing that and it works well.

pastuh

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2020
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find anywhere Q12 PLUS Soundpeats, only Q12 HD
If i understand, HD version don't have Low latency.

Maybe there is another alternative?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread