First day with the 800

Mar 5, 2019
Powhatan, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the family farm today for a couple of hours to test out the machine. So far I’m pretty happy with it, it was giving some pretty deep readings (to where numbers weren’t even showing up) and is fairly easy to figure out. I’ve spent probably 15 hours on the property so far and haven’t found anything worthwhile detecting yet, but there’s gotta be something here. There’s a ton of trash, but I think this machine will help me out with that. All in all I’m very happy with the purchase so far. The only issue was getting the headset to pair with the machine, but I finally got it. I ran the machine in field 2, threshold 1 and recovery 5 today. Here’s today’s finds after a couple of hours. The coolest finds were the square nail and part of a horseshoe maybe? I’m looking forward to using the machine more. 1D6C8FE2-9FB2-4845-8116-41626FEFDDE2.jpg

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Good Luck! I also had trouble pairing the headphones at first but then realized I was holding the button too long and turning them off each time :BangHead:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, Good Luck! I also had trouble pairing the headphones at first but then realized I was holding the button too long and turning them off each time :BangHead:

Been there done that... "D"

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Square nails are a good sign. You can estimate how old a site is by nails. Although they do make repros of square nails now :-\

squarenail.jpg

Keep swinging!

OP
OP
E
Mar 5, 2019
Powhatan, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out again today to a farm down the street that I know had an old home place. There’s a ton of trash here, but the machine was giving tones with every swing. Sometimes 2 or 3 different ones. Does the wind affect the machine? I tried different sensitivities, tightening all connections and even a factory reset. Am I doing something wrong? I did manage to find this though.

Attachments

• 584A5288-E08B-45F5-82D9-F404C767B1DB.jpeg
    584A5288-E08B-45F5-82D9-F404C767B1DB.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 67

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Nothing wrong with that heel plate! Nice find. Think your just in ground with a lot of trash/signals. Slow down your swing and zero in on the left right repeatables with close tones and vdi numbers. The Nox usually fires once on every target it sees but then will blank on the iron when you go back over it. My favorite program is Field 1 with 2 tones. With some ear training you’ll actually be able to almost hear a target with sharp edges/corners and those which sound round

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread