First day with the 800
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By

Thread: First day with the 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2019
    Powhatan, VA
    28 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

First day with the 800

Hit the family farm today for a couple of hours to test out the machine. So far I’m pretty happy with it, it was giving some pretty deep readings (to where numbers weren’t even showing up) and is fairly easy to figure out. I’ve spent probably 15 hours on the property so far and haven’t found anything worthwhile detecting yet, but there’s gotta be something here. There’s a ton of trash, but I think this machine will help me out with that. All in all I’m very happy with the purchase so far. The only issue was getting the headset to pair with the machine, but I finally got it. I ran the machine in field 2, threshold 1 and recovery 5 today. Here’s today’s finds after a couple of hours. The coolest finds were the square nail and part of a horseshoe maybe? I’m looking forward to using the machine more.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D6C8FE2-9FB2-4845-8116-41626FEFDDE2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	1694563

us
    May 2017
    Connecticut
    Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
    416 times
    Nice finds, Good Luck! I also had trouble pairing the headphones at first but then realized I was holding the button too long and turning them off each time

Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
    2231 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ripvanb View Post
    Nice finds, Good Luck! I also had trouble pairing the headphones at first but then realized I was holding the button too long and turning them off each time
    Been there done that... "D"

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO "Indian Creek Historical Society"

us
    Mar 2019
    Southern California
    Minelab Equinox 800
    165 times
    Congrats on your finds! I also have some difficulty with the headphone pairing at first.
    Mineland Equinox 800

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    5444 times
    Square nails are a good sign. You can estimate how old a site is by nails. Although they do make repros of square nails now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squarenail.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	1694914

Keep swinging!

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Mar 2019
    Powhatan, VA
    28 times
    Went out again today to a farm down the street that I know had an old home place. There’s a ton of trash here, but the machine was giving tones with every swing. Sometimes 2 or 3 different ones. Does the wind affect the machine? I tried different sensitivities, tightening all connections and even a factory reset. Am I doing something wrong? I did manage to find this though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	584A5288-E08B-45F5-82D9-F404C767B1DB.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	1694995  

Oct 2014
    New Hampshire
    Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000 Fisher cz-6a, 1265x, Whites eagle IIsl
    518 times
    Nothing wrong with that heel plate! Nice find. Think your just in ground with a lot of trash/signals. Slow down your swing and zero in on the left right repeatables with close tones and vdi numbers. The Nox usually fires once on every target it sees but then will blank on the iron when you go back over it. My favorite program is Field 1 with 2 tones. With some ear training you’ll actually be able to almost hear a target with sharp edges/corners and those which sound round

Sponsored Links