Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By JoeInMO

Thread: Another new Equinox 800 owner with some questions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett ADS III Equinox 800
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Another new Equinox 800 owner with some questions

Just received my new Nox 800 2 days ago. My only other previous detector is a Garrett ADS III, which I purchased 36 years ago and still have. So this is a total relearning for me..
    I tried it out for the first time at a nearby old cabin site where there was an abundance of trash in the ground. No real finds except lots of metal trash, which I had also found there with my ADS III. I was using the Park 1 mode, but a different mode may have been better to use there.

My first questions are in regards to the wireless audio.
    There appears to be three options in using the headphones.

Wired directly to the Equinox with no latency.
    Bluetooth connected to the Equinox with 40 ms delay.
    Wired to the WM 08 audio module which is Bluetoothed to the Equinox with a 17 ms delay.

Which method do most use, and is there any advantage in the methods? To me, without any experience, the Bluetooth connection of the headphones directly to the Equinox seems the most convenient, with no wires, but will the extra 40 ms delay effect detecting?

I also keep a cellphone on my hip. Will that have any emf effect to my detecting?

Just a final note. I'm not real tech savvy, and yesterday I was having quite an issue with the headphone pairing to my Equinox. I could get the headphones paired to the Equinox, but when I shut the Equinox down and then latter went to use the headphones it wouldn't re pair. My method of shutting down was pressing the wireless button to shut it off, and then powering down the Equinox. I would then try to restart by powering up the Equinox and then repressing the wireless button, but the headphones would never repair. I would have to go back to a factory reset of the headphones to be able to re pair. I read through the instruction manual many times to see if I missed something to no avail. I remember one part mentioning turning off the headphones and trying to figure out how to do that, but the blue led's were still blinking, so I left them that way. This morning by accident, I tried different methods, and think I have figured things out because it seems to work now. What I'm doing now is just powering down the Equinox, and leaving the wireless button alone. I then power down the headphones by holding the multi-function button until the red led's flash, and that seems to shut down the headphones. Now I start back up by pressing the multi-function button until the blue led's blink, then just power on the Equinox, and it only takes seconds for the pairing. Maybe I'm still missing something from the manual but I think they left certain details out that could have been put in for people like me.

us
    Mar 2019
    Southern California
    Minelab Equinox 800
    157 times
    I use the wireless headphones that came with the 800.

Once the headphone is paired with the 800, I do this at the beginning of the hunt.

1) Turn on 800
    2) Turn on headphones, but keep the power button held down. It will beep once for power on, and beep a second time with a different tone to indicate it's trying to connect to the 800.

It should then automatically connect to the 800.
    Mineland Equinox 800

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3699 times
    Metal Detecting
    I run the wireless phones paired up. I simply hold the power button down on the phones until I hear the second set of chimes and then turn on the machine. Upon powering up the two pair up instantly every time.

If I ever power down one I shut off the other and repeat the same start up steps above. Never any issues.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29110 times
    Just remember if you turn on the WM08 when trying to pair it will never pair to the bluetooth headphones. It is designed to look for WM08 first if it finds it it will sync to it and not look for the BT headphones. If WM08 is turned off detector will look for WM08 about 10 secs then give up and look for the BT headphones.
    Rawhide and RustyGold like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2044 times
    Good info

us
    Jan 2019
    Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
    63 times
    Some have reported interference from cell phones. I've tried and cannot get my phone to interfere even at very close distances. Cell phones do not receive or transmit anywhere close to the frequencies the NOX or any other similar detector uses. I suspect some lower end phones may be the culprit, but since I've never personally experienced any similar problem I cannot say for sure.

-Joe
    cudamark likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6546 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I use the stock wireless headphones too and like them. No issues on delay or re-pairing the headphones once I did the initial setup.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6424 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I like the stock wireless headphones and find them comfortable without any issues or delays.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Dec 2018
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett ADS III Equinox 800
    15 times
    Thanks guys for the replies back. Sounds like the majority just use the wireless headphones without the WM 08 module. I guess that module could be used as a backup if the headphone battery goes dead.

Lamar

us
    Mar 2019
    Southern California
    Minelab Equinox 800
    157 times
    The WM08 module is used to make a wired headphone (that you supply) into wireless. That part wasn't clear to me at first.
    Mineland Equinox 800

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links