Nox 800 came in today and it is now been used.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not get the small coil like I normally do. The large coil worked good. Light and I could easily switch to other arm when I got tired. Had no clue how to set it up or GB it. But it worked in park mode. Came with a slew of screen protectors. Charged very quickly. Only issue was the screw to the arm cuff, just would not thread no matter how I fiddled with it. I was surprised at how sensitive it was on small jewelry as I was just coin shooting and out popped a small cross. Large metal was a problem. love the large numbers and I could see the screen in the brightest sun today.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see some opinions after you use it for a while. I just got mine also.

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got mine too, I agree, large deep metal a problem. Also test it putting a iron bolt or large nail on top of a quarter...
But I do like it in cleaner areas like fields. Dumpsites...not so much

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only issue I had was understanding the headphones. You can not run both the small control box and head phones at same time unless you physically connect them. The head phones supplied work well with my cell phone too lol. The screw that holds the arm rest on was cross threaded and I had to use plastic twist ties to hold armrest on. Price you pay for light weight, you cut corners some where.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask them for a new arm rest and they will send one to you. Use the warranty they give you before complaining about chesp parts. They are standing behind this detector.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, not sure who to ask lol......buy from seller, seller buys from warehouse, warehouse buys from Mineleab lol. Normally I just send junk back, but this unit is the boss. I have never seen a detector like this. It all the options really work as I only understand a few so far, I really like this detector. This detector would have to crap out before I send it back. Id mount it on a wooden broom stick if I have to.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deal with ML not the dealer and call the 800 warranty number provided with the documentation (I believe it is 1-877-767-6522 ) or one of these direct CS lines:

1.Jamie@630-401-8150

2. Tracy@630-401-8159

Jamie handles most of these issues.

If it came that way, should be covered at no charge to you. ML is standing behind the detector on these issues and the new repair center is top notch. (Though this should be a simple send you a new armrest deal, no repair service required).

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine. Big objects pinpoint big. Pinpoint is your weapon on sampling deeper, bigger objects. Deep coins will almost be hard to lock pinpoint on.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Just call ML, they will take care of you.
I got my 800 and one of the small panels covering the end of the padding on the headphones fell off.
I call my dealer and he says that is actually a common problem which I can believe...the phone are not the highest quality.
He gave me a number to call and the nice lady at ML happily gave me a RMA number to replace them.
I never did but it was nice that they had such decent customer service.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only issue I had was understanding the headphones. You can not run both the small control box and head phones at same time unless you physically connect them. The head phones supplied work well with my cell phone too lol. The screw that holds the arm rest on was cross threaded and I had to use plastic twist ties to hold armrest on. Price you pay for light weight, you cut corners some where.

You don't use the WM08 with the headphones, the phones connect directly to the Equinox....There are dozens of good video's on setting up the Nox. I suggest you simply run Park 1, leave ground balance at 0, it works great in our dirt John. Also I would try 5 tones instead of 50 to begin, 50 tones can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning of the leaning curve. Noise cancel every time you make an adjustment.

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new Equinox! Be patient and learn it. I have the 600 and have been tearing up the parks I have hunted so far with it. I just put the 6" coil on it this past weekend and found 3 separate pieces of jewelry at a tot-lot. That 6" coil is laser-like when picking through trashy areas. It goes surprisingly deep too. Good luck and Happy Hunting:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just emailed the serial number and new armrest is on its way. Pretty cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread