Nox 800 came in today and it is now been used.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By Rawhide
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 2 Post By xr7ator
  • 2 Post By Shooting Star
  • 2 Post By Nick79
  • 1 Post By Rawhide
  • 1 Post By vferrari

Thread: Nox 800 came in today and it is now been used.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2124 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nox 800 came in today and it is now been used.

Did not get the small coil like I normally do. The large coil worked good. Light and I could easily switch to other arm when I got tired. Had no clue how to set it up or GB it. But it worked in park mode. Came with a slew of screen protectors. Charged very quickly. Only issue was the screw to the arm cuff, just would not thread no matter how I fiddled with it. I was surprised at how sensitive it was on small jewelry as I was just coin shooting and out popped a small cross. Large metal was a problem. love the large numbers and I could see the screen in the brightest sun today.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32055 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Hope to see some opinions after you use it for a while. I just got mine also.
    Rawhide and RustyGold like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3505 times
    Me three.

us
    Mar 2019
    Southern California
    Minelab Equinox 800
    165 times
    Welcome to the club!
    Mineland Equinox 800

us
    Just dig it

Jan 2018
    California
    Equinox 800
    1551 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just got mine too, I agree, large deep metal a problem. Also test it putting a iron bolt or large nail on top of a quarter...
    But I do like it in cleaner areas like fields. Dumpsites...not so much
    RustyGold and Rawhide like this.

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    2124 times
    Only issue I had was understanding the headphones. You can not run both the small control box and head phones at same time unless you physically connect them. The head phones supplied work well with my cell phone too lol. The screw that holds the arm rest on was cross threaded and I had to use plastic twist ties to hold armrest on. Price you pay for light weight, you cut corners some where.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6833 times
    Ask them for a new arm rest and they will send one to you. Use the warranty they give you before complaining about chesp parts. They are standing behind this detector.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    2124 times
    Yes, not sure who to ask lol......buy from seller, seller buys from warehouse, warehouse buys from Mineleab lol. Normally I just send junk back, but this unit is the boss. I have never seen a detector like this. It all the options really work as I only understand a few so far, I really like this detector. This detector would have to crap out before I send it back. Id mount it on a wooden broom stick if I have to.
    CarsonChris likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6833 times
    Deal with ML not the dealer and call the 800 warranty number provided with the documentation (I believe it is 1-877-767-6522 ) or one of these direct CS lines:

1.Jamie@630-401-8150

2. Tracy@630-401-8159

Jamie handles most of these issues.

If it came that way, should be covered at no charge to you. ML is standing behind the detector on these issues and the new repair center is top notch. (Though this should be a simple send you a new armrest deal, no repair service required).
    Shooting Star likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3987 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congrats on the new machine. Big objects pinpoint big. Pinpoint is your weapon on sampling deeper, bigger objects. Deep coins will almost be hard to lock pinpoint on.

us
    May 2011
    2893 times
    Just call ML, they will take care of you.
    I got my 800 and one of the small panels covering the end of the padding on the headphones fell off.
    I call my dealer and he says that is actually a common problem which I can believe...the phone are not the highest quality.
    He gave me a number to call and the nice lady at ML happily gave me a RMA number to replace them.
    I never did but it was nice that they had such decent customer service.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
    Annnnd now an Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2014
    NM
    CTX 3030 Raptor c-31 digger 31" Lesche Sampson Periscope Probe.
    2739 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Only issue I had was understanding the headphones. You can not run both the small control box and head phones at same time unless you physically connect them. The head phones supplied work well with my cell phone too lol. The screw that holds the arm rest on was cross threaded and I had to use plastic twist ties to hold armrest on. Price you pay for light weight, you cut corners some where.
    You don't use the WM08 with the headphones, the phones connect directly to the Equinox....There are dozens of good video's on setting up the Nox. I suggest you simply run Park 1, leave ground balance at 0, it works great in our dirt John. Also I would try 5 tones instead of 50 to begin, 50 tones can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning of the leaning curve. Noise cancel every time you make an adjustment.
    Last edited by Dan(NM); Mar 29, 2019 at 08:04 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    Southwest Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600(stock and 6" coil), Profind 35, Makro PP, and a little luck.
    491 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congrats on your new Equinox! Be patient and learn it. I have the 600 and have been tearing up the parks I have hunted so far with it. I just put the 6" coil on it this past weekend and found 3 separate pieces of jewelry at a tot-lot. That 6" coil is laser-like when picking through trashy areas. It goes surprisingly deep too. Good luck and Happy Hunting
    Diggn' is my business....and business is good!

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    2124 times
    Just emailed the serial number and new armrest is on its way. Pretty cool.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links