Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought Id throw a post up. I just got my Golden Mask Telescopic rode and the adapter to make it fit on the rode today. glad I did this is something that minelab should have done. With the 6 inch coil this thing is ridiculously compact is rock steady when extended. I did some modifications to add the Arm seat from the minelab to the Golden Mask but it was easy if you own a dremel. Here are some photos for those that are interested in doing this I highly recommend it. I can now throw my EQ600 in my pack and hike in anywhere I want to go detecting.

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool! How sturdy is it? How does the weight compare with the stock setup?

Very comparable to stock weight within a few ounces. It’s made with larger tubes of carbon fiber so it’s very stiff and no flex at all when swinging it. The adapter kit for the equinox brains is as if it came from factory. You can tell it was a 3D printer deal as the tolerances are super tight.

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a link or email to the source of the Golden Mask Telescopic rod ?

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a link or email to the source of the Golden Mask Telescopic rod ?

Hey CTD, Reach out to this guy on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/usr/falkone2001?ul_noapp=true His name is Taras. He is from Ukraine but speaks good english. Let him know that your swinging the EQ. He will get you setup from there. He doesn't have a current listing on it now but I just talked to him and he sent it to me. I paid him using Paypal.

Keep in mind this is coming from Ukraine so takes a few weeks to arrive. Enjoy and let me know ho things work out.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats the shortest overall length you can get it to?

I'd be interested in one of these made of aluminum, for say $49.99. Bonus if I can somehow cut it down even more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will measure it in a bit but yeah this goes for about 160$ shipped

Shooting Star

Mar 3, 2019
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you provide more details on the adapter kit? Also, do you know which plastic was used in the 3D-printed portion (PLA, ABS, or something else)?

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you provide more details on the adapter kit? Also, do you know which plastic was used in the 3D-printed portion (PLA, ABS, or something else)?

Shortest Length with 6 inch coil is 23 inches long. The Adapter plate comes with the assembly. Just have to tell him that your using it for a Minelab EQ and he will ship you what you need. Im waiting for him to reply to me on what the adapter is made of but it looks bombproof. I don't think you ever have to worry about any failures with that part of it. They did a good job and the holes line up perfect. There are 8 Screws total on the Adapter 4 screw into the Minelab Brain handle, other 4 clamp the assembly on the Rod.

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I know it will be asked. Here is the weight of the EQ600 with a 6 inch coil on the Golden mask.

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ordered one these setups a few weeks ago. Looking forward on getting it. Thanks for the pics

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I'l like to get hold of the .stl file, been searching, but ain't found nothin.

I would think PLA would be too brittle if detector got stressed.

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know the shortest length with the stock coil?

A1 I will throw the stock coil on this weekend for you and get back to you on the overall length. So far Im loving this setup. Cable management seems to be the biggest challenge with it. When you extend it you have to kind of even out the Coil cable as you expand it. but not to big of a deal.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool, thanks.

My whole interest in this is to get it as short as possible, and not break the bank.

The shaft plus the 6" coil is just too much for me to justify.

Is there any material that could possibly be trimmed to make it even shorter?

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ordered one these setups a few weeks ago. Looking forward on getting it. Thanks for the pics

Where did you order the Golden Mask shaft and Brains mounting plate ? Thanks !!

OP
OP
sky355

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you order the Golden Mask shaft and Brains mounting plate ? Thanks !!

CT reach out to falkone2001 on Ebay. I just messaged him through eBay told him I had a Nox and wanted the Telescopic rod and mounting plate for the Nox and he sent it to me. He had me use an ad to buy it that was not the one for the NOX but he said I could pay that way and he sent me the Rod and adapter plate. he was a good guy to deal with. He is overseas so plan on it taking a few weeks to arrive in the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread