Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got the adapters to get my Garrett Grey Ghosts working on my nox I didnt want to pay $160.00 for the GG Headphones for the nox when I had these. The adapters cost me $60.00 and I am a Grey Ghost fan Ive got so used to the crisp tones and volume adjust. I do like the idea of wireless but I like the water proof feature on grey ghost also and I can use them on my nox with the water proof connecter to the detector or use with the WM08. I also am going to use the heat shrink tape at the 1/4 inch plug and Im Golden. I kinda surprised that when I called Minelab and Garrett they could not just put a minelab connecter on my grey ghost you know cut the cord and attach the 1/8 inch end on it I even called stereo repair and TV repair shops no one does it kinda wierd but, I got the end result I wanted lol. Thanks to vferrari for your technical help your a good Man and Asset to tnet.....HH Tommy

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool, I agree with your reasoning

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, I agree with your reasoning
Thanks Im not a under water hunter I do hunt in the rain some not the pouring rain but I think for that purpose its good the the only not water proof connection is at the 1/4 male to 1/4 female but some shrink wrap I think will work great

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unless it is so stated the common shrink tube alone will NOT waterproof the connector. If it does not have the extra adhesive / sealer on the inside of the tube it will not stop water from getting into the connector.

For extra protection I put one tube over the connector and then two more pieces, one over each end of the first piece of tubing. Belts and suspenders. Learn form my mistakes...

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info thanks

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know someone who would put the ML connector on those GGs, Tommy. PM me if you want contact info, otherwise, glad the adapters worked out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread