Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did that work in case that happens to me

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Make sure the control housing contacts are clean. I forgot to clean mine after a dip in the ocean, had the same symptoms, fresh water cleaning with a paper towel of the contacts and all went normal during the charge. It would not hurt to wipe off the charging cable connectors also. There will be no more forgetting to fresh water rinse and wipe down after a dip in the ocean even when it is 35 degrees outside and I just want to go and get a cup of hot coffee. Lesson learned.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had something similar happen to me and using a different charging cable fixed the problem. HTH

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the battery contacts look anything like the tip of your pinpointer???? :laughing7:
Just Checkin... lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure the control housing contacts are clean. I forgot to clean mine after a dip in the ocean, had the same symptoms, fresh water cleaning with a paper towel of the contacts and all went normal during the charge. It would not hurt to wipe off the charging cable connectors also. There will be no more forgetting to fresh water rinse and wipe down after a dip in the ocean even when it is 35 degrees outside and I just want to go and get a cup of hot coffee. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the great advice I’m gonna try that. It showed full charge when I left this morning and went down in about a hour time. I’ll let you know when I get home.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do the battery contacts look anything like the tip of your pinpointer???? :laughing7:
Just Checkin... lol

Hardy har har lmao!!! IMG_3202.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Buddy..
You left yourself wide open for that one... :laughing7:
Hope ya get the charging issue worked out soon.
Hows the sciatica ?

I was better then after one more trip to to shell island in the swamp today it’s hurting. Swamp Island is officially over 3 hours of pounding this shell mound and absolutely nothing. I’d like to thank this little spot for making two dream bucket listers come true. 1840 Seated Liberty Half Dime and a 1852 Trime. Truly a dream come true. R.I.P.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was better then after one more trip to to shell island in the swamp today it’s hurting. Swamp Island is officially over 3 hours of pounding this shell mound and absolutely nothing. I’d like to thank this little spot for making two dream bucket listers come true. 1840 Seated Liberty Half Dime and a 1852 Trime. Truly a dream come true. R.I.P.

I been out sick myself.
Ya gotta take it easy for that to get any better..
Have ya been to a chiropractor?
I passed right by there sunday and almost stopped to see if you might have been digging, but the storms were headed in so i went see the water ripping thru the Bonnet Carrie Spillway, and headed home.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been out sick myself.
Ya gotta take it easy for that to get any better..
Have ya been to a chiropractor?
I passed right by there sunday and almost stopped to see if you might have been digging, but the storms were headed in so i went see the water ripping thru the Bonnet Carrie Spillway, and headed home.

I had that bug going around for 2 weeks then Possum and I went out there and I tried moving a fallen tree and one of those swamp vines was attached to it, so when I pick it up to give it “the ol hev ho” it sprung back on my a twisted the hell out that nerve. Painful. We gotta get together sometime my spots are drying out big time.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else have had a problem with charging their equinox? I only have half battery left and when I’m charging it it blinks quickly then it goes solid green.
Hey Truth, can you give an update on the Equinox charging problem you had? Did it resolve itself? Was there anything you did beyond a factory reset? Thanks in advance.

Just happened to me. Got back a few days ago from detecting salt water and I'm charging it now.
At first the light wouldn't even come on, but then it started blinking and now is solid green (after 5 minutes) and shows full charge.
I think it is wrong because I used it for at least 2 hours yesterday.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Truth, can you give an update on the Equinox charging problem you had? Did it resolve itself? Was there anything you did beyond a factory reset? Thanks in advance.

Just happened to me. Got back a few days ago from detecting salt water and I'm charging it now.
At first the light wouldn't even come on, but then it started blinking and now is solid green (after 5 minutes) and shows full charge.
I think it is wrong because I used it for at least 2 hours yesterday.

Hey buddy all I did was reset it never had the problem since, but that’s the same thing that was happening to me.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: I reset the machine to factory preset and haven't had a problem charging since. Just so those who've had the same problem know.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that bug going around for 2 weeks then Possum and I went out there and I tried moving a fallen tree and one of those swamp vines was attached to it, so when I pick it up to give it “the ol hev ho” it sprung back on my a twisted the hell out that nerve. Painful. We gotta get together sometime my spots are drying out big time.

This reads kinda like my last month + has been.

Good thing , I saw your cool digs on the TF forum , if gave & gives me hope & inspiration.

"KEEP ROLLING -ROLLING-ROLLING- ROLLING -ROLLIN."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread